Bike insurance

_HENDO_
_HENDO_ Posts: 93
edited August 2010 in MTB general
Having spent a fair few bob on my kona i'd rather i didn't lose all that money if it was stolen so was wondering,

1. Is it really worth having insurance?
2. Who is best to get it from?

Any help would be great :D
For professional MTB & BMX coaching, training & guiding!
www.pedaltoprogression.com

Comments

• GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Insurance for what? I usually only make sure mine are covered for theft from home.

M&S are supposed to be good, but contact your current provider.
  • mea00csf
    mea00csf Posts: 558
    M&S are excellent. You're covered up to £4000 for a single item without having to notif them, and if you choose the optional extra, it'll be covered away from home, anywhere in the world. This is expecially useful if you travel with your bike as it means you don't have to get the bike insured under your travel insurance.

My boyfriend was knocked off his bike when someone decided to not give way to the right on a roundabout, the driver didn't stop and he was left with totally buckled set of road bike wheels, M&S payed out for a new set of wheels, no quibbles, they only asked for the police report and a letter from a bike shop confirming value and that they were knackered.

Thoroughly recommended
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Aye, I'm with M&S, not had to claim yet but cant fault.

I was looking at cycle specific insurance + home insurance and M&S came out a lot cheaper than the two combined and with a lot less stipulations!