Iphone 4 bike dock

hypadunkz
hypadunkz Posts: 111
edited August 2010 in MTB general
Just wondering if anybody uses one of this kind of kit for the iphone? And what brand would people recommend?

Comments

• Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    Ram EZ holder. Available on Amazon, amazingly secure and sprung loaded so absorbs big shocks.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Personally I wouldn't have my iPhone anywhere near the bars, too fragile and more importantly rather tempermental in the damp.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • stumpyjon wrote:
    Personally I wouldn't have my iPhone anywhere near the bars, too fragile and more importantly rather tempermental in the damp.

Did you know that there is a small strip of litmus paper type stuff down by where the charge plugs in.

If you take the phone for repairs and this paper has reacted to moisture, your warranty is void and it would be up to you to pay for repairs!
  • stumpyjon wrote:

Did you know that there is a small strip of litmus paper type stuff down by where the charge plugs in.

If you take the phone for repairs and this paper has reacted to moisture, your warranty is void and it would be up to you to pay for repairs!

Yeah, think i saw something on that on Watchdog a few months ago, one that they can see without taking the phone apart and more inside.
    The researchers got them to change just by having sweaty hands and Apple wouldnt touch them :shock:
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    stumpyjon wrote:

There's one on the headphone jack too. Pretty crappy really because they can be set off without doing an ounce of damage to the phone (unlike the internal ones). I heard a rumour that the outer ones are connected to the logic board so Apple will know if they've been tripped, even if you replace them.
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    Just have your phone insure against accidental damage. My bank gives me this free.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • TowerRider
    TowerRider Posts: 430
    Do you really need an app to tell you everything? STUPID STUPID IDEA!
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Not sure if al that vibratrion would do the accelerometer any good either.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.