Blackpool ?

road_donut
road_donut Posts: 284
edited August 2010 in Routes
Hi all,

I have been roped into going for a long weekend with the inlaws :( to Blackpool (Marton Mere) i do like Blackpool however 4 days with the inlaws will kill me so i'm taking my bike

Any advise on local trails, trail centers to keep me busy for lets say about 4 days would be great :D

Cheers

Ian

Comments

• Gisburn if you want a trail center?
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    There's Gisburn Forest near Slaidburn and Lee Quarry in Bacup a resonable distance from Blackypuddle
    Caz xx
  • ha.. blackypuddle... I can think of more apt names :lol:

I'll be at Gisburn this weekend trying out the uber wide bars hehe.. last time riding in the NW for a while :(
  • road_donut
    Cheers for the info guys .....

I'll check those out :D
  • gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    The Lake District is only about an hours drive away up the M56/M6.
  • gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    The Lake District is only about an hours drive away up the M56/M6.
  • fyldesmurf
    fyldesmurf Posts: 412
    surely it would be M55/M6

Gisburn and Lee Quarry are both about an hour away, IMHO Lee Quarry is better, but every time i ride Gisburn Hully's Gully seems to be cut up and horible or closed, so if that's open it's well worth the trip.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Hully Gully is fully open at Gisburn, apart from a bit of loose stuff at the start it's in pretty good condition since the repairs. 3 of us also walked and repaired 90% of the volunteer section yesterday so that's running pretty smoothly to. It is a bit if a challenge on some of the contractor built stuff, good techincal line choosing challenge or stuttery uphill nightmare depending on your view :lol:

Cragg and Lee Quarry are pretty good if you're after a good technical challenge too.
    uber wide
    Should be fun on Homebaked!
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • stumpyjon wrote:
    uber wide

hehe... am looking forward to it... 760mm wide to be precise! But I need a proper ride out to determine how far i'm going to cut them back!
  • stumpyjon wrote:
    uber wide

Clipped one of them 2 trees that are very close together on there at wekend, dropped the bike and gouged the end of my brake lever :evil:
    Need to sand that down before Sunday.

On topic..
    Lee Quarry from Blackpool is about 45mins, and dont forget crag quarry also.
  • road_donut
    Nice one guys ... looks like i have my 4 days filled out

For a second there i thought i might have to spend it with the inlaws :(

Cheers for the info :D
  • If you are coming to Lee quarry and want a butty before/after the best place is about 1/2 mile before the quarry on the right, snak attack its called.
    TBH, its about the only place round here to get a decent bacon butty.