Cube LTD Team 2010.......changing the forks!!!!!!

forbesy10
forbesy10 Posts: 2
edited August 2010 in MTB general
I have a cube LTD Team 2010 which has 100mm forks on. I would like to upgrade to 120-140mm forks and im not sure if it possible on the bike i have, incase ie messes with the frame geometry.

Does anyone have any advice.????

Comments

• milfredo
    milfredo Posts: 322
    20mm will make little difference while 40mm will slacken the head angle but probably not enough to mess up the bike that much. I'd personally opt for some adjustable forks so you can leave them at 120mm and crank them up when using them for more hard-core riding.
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    It might also void the warranty you have with cube if you decide to up the travel.. if you're worried about that, then probably best to contact Cube and ask them the question.

You also run the risk of snapping your headtube, as the frame may not be designed to take any more than 100mm.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    adding 25mm to the axle to crown heigh will change the head angle by 1 degree. it will also increase the seat angle.
    it will also raise the BB height and move your centre of gravity back making climbing hard.

Do you have the right bike?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cgarossi
    cgarossi Posts: 729
    If you wanted plenty of travel perhaps you shouldnt have bought a race oritented bike? :)

It will totally ruin the ride and what the bike is designed to do.