Jobst Brandt's "The Bicycle Wheel" fnar fnar...

neeb
neeb Posts: 4,467
edited August 2010 in The bottom bracket
Maybe I'm just a snotty kid at heart but I can't help appreciating the "fnar fnar" potential of this (excellent and classic) book as I am reading it.

Oiled nipples, the dubious advantages of large flanges, and a whole illustrated section on "stress relief"... :D:D

It's made all the more funny by the fact that someone who eschews radial & crow's foot spoke patterning as being just a little bit too risque is presumably completely unaware of these double entendres...

Comments

• Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    A link to what you are on about may help us towards what the f**k you are on about matey :?
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    A link to what you are on about may help us towards what the f**k you are on about matey Confused
    OK, maybe it was a little obscure...

"The Bicycle Wheel" is a supposedly famous book by this bloke Brandt, the standard reference work on bicycle wheels, how they work, and how to build them. I guess you need to have read/seen the book to fully get what I am on about, but you can probably get the jist... It's just quite funny the way it is stuffed with unintentional double entendres due to the particular terminology that is used.
  • pbt150
    pbt150 Posts: 316
    Hehe...you said flange.

Most of the staff in my LBS have a similar sense of humour, which means I often pop in for a chat and leave with new bartape.
  • neeb wrote:
    A link to what you are on about may help us towards what the f**k you are on about matey Confused
    OK, maybe it was a little obscure....

No. Not obscure at all.

I remember as a kid ordering it at my local library. They didn't have a copy in across Staffordshire and did not want to buy one. Thought that there wouldn't be 'much appeal'. What do these libraries know!?