Norwegian blue, ex parrot Monty Python sketch on BBC R2 now

dilemna
dilemna Posts: 2,187
edited August 2010 in The bottom bracket
Class ....................

"If you hadn't nailed it to the perch it would now be be pushing up daisies. It is an ex-parrot."

They don't write comedy like that any more.
Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
Think how stupid the average person is.......
half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.

Comments

• oh yes they do!

(Oh I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?)
    Chocolate makes your clothes shrink
  • I must be the only person in the world who doesn't find that sketch remotely funny.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    I must be the only person in the world who doesn't find that sketch remotely funny.

It's a distinct possibility.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    It's of its time. Comedy has certain times it lives in and then after a while becomes dated. Smashie and Nicey were of that time and the Young Ones and each generation discovers something new. Liitle Britain is the current one but in 20 years aspects of it just won't seem funny.
    M.Rushton
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    edited August 2010
    Little Britain doesn't seem funny now or ever. In fact the parrot sketch is funnier. And that's not saying a great deal.

Argument sketch is hilarious though.
  • When you look back at pre-Python stuff, MP ceases to be funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eDaSvRO9xA
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    oh yes they do!

(Oh I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument, or the full half hour?)

I like your thinking ................

Oh no they don't .............
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    mrushton wrote:
    It's of its time. Comedy has certain times it lives in and then after a while becomes dated. Smashie and Nicey were of that time and the Young Ones and each generation discovers something new. Liitle Britain is the current one but in 20 years aspects of it just won't seem funny.

concur wth those that say LB isn't funny now. The Office is a huge steaming pile of donkey shoot too.

Python is very hit and miss, brilliant on form, tripe when not. Spanish Inquisition and the Fish Slapping Dance are magnificent.
  • orbeaorca
    orbeaorca Posts: 246
    I must be the only person in the world who doesn't find that sketch remotely funny.

No your'e not :lol:
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    orbeaorca wrote:

No your'e not :lol:

Nor me. I get it, I just don't find it funny :roll:
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/