Ride tunes / playlist

Philgr
Philgr Posts: 66
edited August 2010 in MTB general
Relativly new to this Mtb lark

It has taken me some time to get used to wearing earphones while on a ride, especially on a road ride.

But I have started to play about with different tunes while on a ride

My current tunes of choice are the prodigy (invaders must die) for a fast paced blast down some single track, and a bit of chili peppers for a slower paced road run

Now I know music down personal pref, but what do you all listen to , do you mix it up for different types of rides,

What do you all have on your iPod while you ride???

Phil G
08 Specialized Rockhopper Disc
09 Trek Fuel EX 9.8

Comments

• x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    This is a bizarre one for me, I don't listen to music when I ride....

...however, when I'm starting to feel my energy going and I'm climbing, I tend to sing in my head something with a fast beat and maintain a cadence to the beat to get me to the top!

Lately it's Middledistancerunner by Chicane.....

Am I the only wierdo that does this? :roll:
    Craig Rogers
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I never have headphones in, it feels too restricting. I have however had music playing from a small speaker in my bag, that can be fun on some quiet trails.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Head music only for me - no earphones and I pick something to give me a bit of pace on the singletrack. Stuff from bike flicks often works or ski films plus things like dark days by F&TM seem to hit the spot.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    Head music only for me - no earphones and I pick something to give me a bit of pace on the singletrack. Stuff from bike flicks often works or ski films plus things like dark days by F&TM seem to hit the spot.

Woohoo, I'm not the only wierdo! :lol:
    Craig Rogers
  • phz
    phz Posts: 478
    only listen to .mp3 while commuting - then its whatever shuffles in from my eclectic collection

out on a ride its the rhythms of nature and my own screaming lungs and heart (plus whatever irritating pop / 'r-n-b' tune i heard earlier on radio one that earworms its way into my consciousness)

slainte :D rob
  • fyldesmurf
    fyldesmurf Posts: 412
    x-isle wrote:

Nah i get it too but sometimes my brain decides to pick really wierd and gay songs for me. For example i had 'I will survive' on the final descent at Whinlatter one time :oops:
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    fyldesmurf wrote:
    x-isle wrote:

Nah i get it too but sometimes my brain decides to pick really wierd and gay songs for me. For example i had 'I will survive' on the final descent at Whinlatter one time :oops:

A little camp but what ever works for you :wink:
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • fyldesmurf
    fyldesmurf Posts: 412
    I never said i wanted it there it's just my mind seems to have a mind of its own. You might think it's quite apt if you actally saw me riding though :D