My trip to Derby Cycles

2»

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the wiggle method is quite good, you can get a refund if not happy.

but cash up front on a 2K bike before you have seen it? and if it is not as you want.

waiting for a refund...
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    snot perfect agreed, but if its the only way to buy a bike you fancy, it could be worse, atleast it is a deliberate trial period with a clear understanding that you can have your money back if you want.

i doubt i would buy one from wiggle for all the reasons we have discussed so far, which is a shame cause the new ones look mega.

mind you, im not in the market for anything new at the mo but its always tempting when you se shiny new stuff.
  • wow, amazing!!!
  • your some lucky b#gger to be allowed to smooch around there all day!
    i'd prolly have to sit down through bouncing round like a kid in a toy shop loL!

Lovin the focus bouncers witht he shock in the top tube!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • HT 29ers look interesting!

Also liking the belt driven commutery things.. look different! Seen one in tredz a while back, always wondered if there was a feeling of "stretch" under load?
  • nicklouse
    HT 29ers look interesting!

Also liking the belt driven commutery things.. look different! Seen one in tredz a while back, always wondered if there was a feeling of "stretch" under load?

nope rock solid. instant pick up etc.....
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Anonymous
    so how do those frames separate for fitting?
  • Some amazing looking bikes in there! WIsh I could have gone there, looked amazing!
  • nicklouse
    so how do those frames separate for fitting?
    img0960e.jpg

think Ikea. a allen headed bolt is inserted from the rear and screws into the thing with a slot on it on the seat stay.

remove bolt and "bend" the seat/chain stays in and out.

Or that is How i see it.
  • Anonymous
    nicklouse wrote:
    allen's head is inserted from the rear
    Or that is How I see it.
    Hmm, sounds a bit gay.

I can;t see any other way of it working though. I take it none of the belts come apart?
  • Anonymous
    doesnt sound particularly sophisticated, id have done removeable drop outs.