Most successful ride ever!

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,662
edited August 2010 in MTB general
Woke up this morning with a plan to leave Marin car park at 10 30... combinations of delays an lazyness means we leave at 1 00!!! do first bit of Marin with the plan to ride 50km -manage 500m when collegues Pedal started to fall off and crankarm came loose, So we ended up doing.....10km!

(gave up an sessioned the last hill a bit with our newbie collegue - got jumps sussed for myself too!!!)
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    those are the most rubbish days out ever arent they.

i find myself in a foul mood when i have mechanical issues on a ride, thankfully it doesnt happen often.
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    but at least you still managed to get out and have some sort of ride , which is better than no ride at all.
    silver lining and all that.
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    biff55 wrote:
    but at least you still managed to get out and have some sort of ride , which is better than no ride at all.

I planned an epic ride out across Bodmin moor today, but ended up doing the Camel trail with my 9 y/o daughter.
    biff55 wrote:
    silver lining and all that.

She moans far less and laughs way more than anyone else I ride with.
  • ddraver
    *AL* wrote:
    biff55 wrote:

I planned an epic ride out across Bodmin moor today, but ended up doing the Camel trail with my 9 y/o daughter.

As long as you broke it up with a Pasty in Padstow, i'd say that that was an excellent way to spend a Sunday afternoon!! :wink:

It was'nt so bad, First nice day we ve had in N Wales for 2 months or so, so sitting in the sun drawing pics of switchbacks in the mud was pretty good in the end
    - @ddraver
  • Anonymous
    i couldnt get a pasty in padstow for love nor money, everywhere had a 200 metre queue sticking out of it!!
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    glad were all remaining positive. :D
    me ? , decided to try riding lee quary for the first time.
    and i did. on my own. and it was sunny. and fun. and i didnt kill myself.
    big pat on my own back :lol:
  • merlie
    merlie Posts: 276
    i couldnt get a pasty in padstow for love nor money, everywhere had a 200 metre queue sticking out of it!!

is this what I have to look forward to when I get doen there on Saturday ?

Trago Mills - your thoughts
  • ddraver
    Trago? Imagine the worlds biggest pound store but with none of the quality! ;)
    - @ddraver
  • Anonymous
    ddraver wrote:
    Woke up this morning with a plan to leave Marin car park at 10 30... combinations of delays an lazyness means we leave at 1 00!!!
    Sounds like my day yesterday. I finally left the house very late, and ended up doing the Marin. But I had one of those rides where I just didn't "get" it. I had no energy at all, and was struggling far more than I should. Probably cause I hadn't eaten all day.
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    merlie wrote:
    Trago Mills - your thoughts

Do not, I repeat DO NOT go there on a Sunday, especially when it's raining.