The Vendee

Loretta Damage
Loretta Damage Posts: 270
edited August 2010 in Tour & expedition
Just has 2 weeks holiday based at Jard sur Mer approx 40km North of La Rochelle in the Vendee. Took the bike with a view to getting out and keeping the training going (sportive soon after returning!), I managed to find a couple of routes, one 32 miles and the other about 35 (which meant that I was still able to do all the normal holiday sy=tuff with familly). Anyway, I can't recommend that area enough for road cyclists - absolutely great riding. I had no trouble from traffic, drivers seemed to be very considerate and careful; also the road surfaces where superb which made riding feel really smooth. The coast roads were abit windy but mostly a cross wind so not too bad and really flat so when I got a tail wind I was flying along. There was also a scheme where you could meet in a local town at 0830 and ride with whoever turned up, I tried this once and had it worked well. Highlight was a 4km long straight into Angers from Longville, not a soul around, blue skies and a perfect quiet except for the tyres on the road surface. Happy days!