steve the anodising man ......

lawman
lawman Posts: 6,868
edited March 2011 in MTB general
a few questions, i know a few peeps on here have used steve, how is his service, turn around etc and has anyone got any contact details for him???

cheers :)

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    possibly this

stevebarry1978@hotmail.com

He also posted on here at some point and i had it bookmarked but i changed computermabobs :roll:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    He also posted on here at some point and i had it bookmarked but i changed computermabobs :roll:
    The entire thread was deleted, not just the business information, but even the genuinely useful stuff too. :roll:
  • Zaskar20
    Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    possibly this

stevebarry1978@hotmail.com

That's the one.

Super, cheap, fast service. The guy is very helpful and answers emails quickly.
    I sent stuff on a Wednesday, he anodised on the Thusday and I received the stuff back on the Friday! He was a pleasure to do business with. Highly recommended.
  • Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238
    How come?
  • Anonymous
    Mr Wu wrote:
    How come?
    How come the thread was deleted?
    Cause it was deemed "spamming" :roll:
  • Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238
    Phah!

Bit of arse that. I remember he went to some length in his post about what he did. Seemed a bloody good service too if you like that sort of thing.
  • Zaskar20
    Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    When I first contacted him to see if he could anodise my parts, I mentioned that I got his email address from an old thread on here where someone else had used him. He remembered this place being mentioned by past customers so he asked me for a link so that he could post a topic on the subject.
    It was a shame it was deleted because it was very informative, paticularly about the process involved and what could and could not be acheived.
  • lawman
    ok thanks guys :D
  • he should re-post all information in another thread just not offer the service as we all know the score there. Like you say the info given was helpful.
    Show me your green bits i might buy them !
  • Anonymous
    it would make a very good stickie of some sort.
  • lawman

+1 it was a) very useful and b) really interesting
  • -liam-
    -liam- Posts: 1,831

If some of the more ahem, overzealous mod's deemed the original thread against the rules, they are hardly likely to allow it to become a sticky. :(
  • Anonymous
    the nformtion was interesting, the sales part of the thread was very small, the rest of the quite lengthy post was pretty interesting.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    There was no info in it that hasn't been discussed before, but the nature of the thread meant that we had to follow our guidelines I am afraid.

If anyone wants any info for an FAQ, whether on anodising or any othjer topics, just start a thread here and we will look into it.
  • Anonymous
    Erm, ok. Isn't that this very thread we're in?
  • Anonymous
    its fair enough that the sales element of the post needed to be removed, free advertising is a bit cheeky but the rest of the thread was good i thought.

im sure it would make for an interesting topic in the FAQ section but i suppsoe it matters how much people ask for it to be discussed to decide whether it is actually a frequently asked question.
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    but i suppsoe it matters how much people ask for it to be discussed to decide whether it is actually a frequently asked question.

and your mission , should you accept , is to continually start topics about the finer elements of anodising prep until the post is re-instated.
    just think of the potential annoyance / comedy value. :D
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Can he anodise frames?
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    mrfmilo wrote:
    Can he anodise frames?

Yes, he said just strip as many of the parts off as you can IIRC.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • mrfmilo
    OK thanks :) Any idea how much it is?
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Send him an email, Someone had bars, stem, fork lowers, seatpost and someother little bits done for around £30, so maybe £50-£60ish?
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • mrfmilo
    Not bad then, cheers :wink:
  • Anonymous
    biff55 wrote:
    but i suppsoe it matters how much people ask for it to be discussed to decide whether it is actually a frequently asked question.

and your mission , should you accept , is to continually start topics about the finer elements of anodising prep until the post is re-instated.
    just think of the potential annoyance / comedy value. :D
    I'm already on it.
  • supersonic
    Soooooo,... does anybody want a FAQ on anodising? Or maybe frame and parts finishing?
  • Anonymous
    supersonic wrote:
    Soooooo,... does anybody want a FAQ on anodising? Or maybe frame and parts finishing?

now that sounds like an interesting idea, a sticky wiht info on all of the frame finishes would be handy i reckon.
  • Anonymous
    supersonic wrote:
    Meh. Sounds boring and uninformative.
  • supersonic
    We did ban Grantway you know.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    supersonic wrote:

but that was for repetition rather than Black and white Boring.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    grantway was a legend, he should be allowed back, so should some of the other ex forumites, can we have an amnesty?
  • Anonymous
    supersonic wrote:
    did you?
    Am I headed for a banstick whoop-ass? :(

And yes, for what it's worth, I reckon that info that anodising steve posted was genuinely useful if you're looking to get anything done.