Well duh at me!!!

nich
nich Posts: 888
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
I use a road bike to get to fro work. It's got nice thin tyres for a speedy commute.

Everyday I take a little 'off-road' excursion.

Down a nice bumpyish path, lots of stones here 'n there. A few speed humps that I can hop over.

I should know better, but I don't. I can't help it! My wheels and body take a little battering each day because of this section, but it's a fun bit bit of my commute!

Anyway, it sure told me today, with a puncture. In fact, in the last 1000 miles I've had 2 punctures, and both on this stretch of path.

I won't give into you puncture fairy, I will ride my path whether you like it or not! (but I might get another bike to help me out with it!)
:P

Comments

• invincible
    invincible Posts: 154
    go for it....

on mine i can take a detour down a back street with cobbles & pretend i'm doing paris-roubaix 8)
  • Don't let the fairy stop you! Resist!
  • Beckenham, eh? That will probably be flint chewing up your tyres and tubes. You'll have a long battle with the PF, I fear.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    I had a similar problem swapped my road tyres for 28 Marathons - not had a visit from the PF for 12 months (oops - there goes my next ride )
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    nich wrote:
    I use a road bike to get to fro work. It's got nice thin tyres for a speedy commute.

Everyday I take a little 'off-road' excursion.

Down a nice bumpyish path, lots of stones here 'n there. A few speed humps that I can hop over.

I should know better, but I don't. I can't help it! My wheels and body take a little battering each day because of this section, but it's a fun bit bit of my commute!

Anyway, it sure told me today, with a puncture. In fact, in the last 1000 miles I've had 2 punctures, and both on this stretch of path.

I won't give into you puncture fairy, I will ride my path whether you like it or not! (but I might get another bike to help me out with it!)
    :P

Tougher tyres- Durano Pluses for example- might help. Don't give up!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011