Cycling single holidays

Lifeboy123
Lifeboy123 Posts: 213
edited August 2010 in Tour & expedition
Can anyone recommend any organised cycling holiday for singles.

I am planning to go mid sept so I've heard Mallorca is supposed to be the place to go. Can anyone recommend any good holiday companies

I am a 30s fairly fit single male still relatively new to cycling
having only done this for the past 12 months.

I have managed a few sportives 60-100mile but looking for something not too easy but neither too streneous - After all it is supposed to be vacation

unsure on quality of hire bikes or to take my own bike - any recommendations ?

Comments

• Joycie
    Joycie Posts: 127
    Did you get any feedback on this?

There are quite a few companies but most promote "cycling" on hybrids as opposed to road cycling (my preference).

Skedaddle look quite good and I did an Exodus one in Andalucia a few years ago that I really enjoyed (hybrid bike though)
  • hdow
    hdow Posts: 184
    Have a look at Iberocycle. I did their Route of the Moors tour earlier this year as a single. The others were were couples & singles and all got on really well. We ended cycling in pairs, couples & even the whole group depending on how we felt.

The routes were good and the hotels excellent.

Got a choice of road bike or hybrid (all decent Treks) or could use my own.

As a cycling holiday it was spot on & highly recommended. This is from someone who likes to plough his own furrow & was a bit apprehensive at first.

HarryD
  • jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    Been on a few organised Cycling holidays..The majority on em were actually single people ..Some totally alone ,others with a friend to share a room with If alone you share with a stranger or pay a single supplemenmt of £100 to£150 or so..Companies I know of are Explore, Exodus, Skeddale(prob the best of these based on feedback heard)Redspokes.(for really adventurous stuff).Hooked on Cycling..CTC holidays too but bthese are usually selfguided but very very popular.Also been on several guided day tours in several European cities..Fatire and Mikes Bikes are 2 big names.50people + on them usually with.many single travellers
    jc
  • Joycie
    Joycie Posts: 127
    Let down at the last minute and my 40th birthday to celebrate so thanks for the input - I'll check them out! :D