How does Veloce compare to 105?

2»

Comments

• biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Ex Veloce user here, must admit I hated it compared to Shimano.

Also used 3 FSA chainsets (SLK Carbon, gossamer etc) and didnt like them, shifting was not as good as using the drivetrain's chainset.

I now use a whole Shimano drivetrain on all bikes, functionality over looks 8)

I've seen your bike and have just the teensiest idea that you've paid some attention to its appearance...

(I obviously can't say your experiences are wrong but I just can't see how having a Shimano rear drivetrain and an FSA front one would make any difference to any of the shifting - guess it's one of those nuances based on fractions of millimetres? I have a mixed drivetrain and I've never noticed any such issue but ymmv)
  • I've seen your bike and have just the teensiest idea that you've paid some attention to its appearance...

(I obviously can't say your experiences are wrong but I just can't see how having a Shimano rear drivetrain and an FSA front one would make any difference to any of the shifting - guess it's one of those nuances based on fractions of millimetres? I have a mixed drivetrain and I've never noticed any such issue but ymmv)

FSA one looked nicer, only just, than the DA crank.

Just my experience, tried FSA with Ultegra SL, Dura Ace 7800 and Di2 (until I got the 7900 chainset), just didn't feel as good as having the Shimano chainset on. We (with the Bikewhisperer) tried tweaking it, but couldn't get as sweet a shift as we could with Shimano equipment. Maybe I am too picky..I tend to pick up on tiny things, even the fainiest of noises I will have my bike on a stand to check it out.

Also one of the FSA cranks I have had (a SLK lite), I have another carbon one which is actually good and not as bad) wouldn't stay in properly, and kept coming loose. It was alarming that it needed loctite to keep it together as per instructions. A search of the particular SKU (2007) on the internet, and I wasn't the only one, maybe bad batch.

I have another FSA Carbon, the K-Force which does looks nice which has done hardly any mileage with receipt. I should sell it at somepoint actually.