any of you lovely london bike riders...

MonkeyMonster
MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
edited: riding a medium/long cotic roadrat? I would like to try it for size before parting with cashola and given there is a strong trend on here to assist people to buy bikes I'm wondering if a kind soul of awesomeness would allow me to rest my [lycra clad] cheeks on said prize steed to help me choose.

Cheers muchly an all...

yeeesh... the things you've got to do in here! though LiT's comment of naming the roadrat was spot on - I've been reading up on them so much it seemed so obvious to me :D
Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    riding a medium/long cotic? I wants to try it for size before parting with cashola and given there is a strong trend on here to assist people to buy bikes I'm wondering if a kind soul would allow me to rest my cheeks on your prize steed...

Phew tough crowd :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Cotic? D'you mean a roadrat?

I'm not, no, but you might have more success if you're more specific...
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Cotic? D'you mean a roadrat?

and delete the bit about your cheeks...
  • Cotic? D'you mean a roadrat?

and delete the bit about your cheeks...

And call the thread something more obvious...
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Kicking off in here now, hold on a mo just gotta grab another beer from the fridge

BRB
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • MonkeyMonster
    blimey... I should have put it in the general section...:D
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155

Then no one would have read it.
  • MonkeyMonster

Then no one would have read it.

better that than the written drubbing I received instead... I'm on the verge of crying here!
  • :lol::lol:

MTFU. Call that a drubbing?

Greg T to thread... paging Greg T...
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    edited August 2010
    I would lend you something but due to the inaccuracies, amendments and general vagueness of the original request I don't know who I am anymore.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    You lot are just so harsh :lol:

Poor MM :)
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    I love the look of the RoadRat and it would probably be my ideal commuting / do everything bike, although pretty expensive.

Think I'll spend a couple of hours reading more reviews, place my credit card on the table, then get drunk and see what happens.
  • nich wrote:
    I love the look of the RoadRat and it would probably be my ideal commuting / do everything bike, although pretty expensive.

Think I'll spend a couple of hours reading more reviews, place my credit card on the table, then get drunk and see what happens.

It's a weird one. For some reason many of us here have been attracted towards the Road Rat, but why? It's heavy and has, perhaps not unfairly, been called a hybrid for those with more money than sense. That said, I still quite fancy one.