Birmingham NEC near bike shops and riding?

Danny-T
Danny-T Posts: 129
edited August 2010 in MTB general
I'm taking the missus to the NEC for some craft exhibition or something next Saturday and definitely won't be joining her. Can anyone advise on any decent bike shops around that area and also any good riding that's not too much of a drive away?

Cheers,
DT

Comments

• only shop i know of is red kite cycled based up in shirley, not to sure on routes :/
  • Danny-T
    Hmm even on the red kite site they state there's not much mtb terrain around there. Might just go do some boarding at tamworth instead...
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    No, I live in Solihull, so only a few miles from the NEC & airport. There's nothing worth riding around here, you could go up to cannock chase if you've got time though.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Your about 40 mins from the chase at the NEC. Might be worth a visit?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Danny-T
    Hm, could prob do 40 mins as I'll have all day. What's there? Guessing it's worth a visit
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,713
    All of this: http://www.chasetrails.co.uk/

The Chase is the place to go in your situation.
  • Danny-T
    Sold, will head over there then. Looking forwards to it now! :P
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    Good choice, you won't be sorry! :)

Even less than 40 mins if the roads are clear or if you fancy splashing out and going up the toll road, even less of a journey up here!
    Craig Rogers
  • Danny-T
    Thanks for the suggestion guys, indulged friday and bought myself a new trek remedy which I gave a very good first ride at cannock on saturday. By far the best ride of the year even if the rear mech did sieze up about 11 miles in! Wish there was something like that a bit nearer here.
    Thanks again for the suggestion