Cafe stops near Preston

PeterMolloy
PeterMolloy Posts: 121
Looking to do a ride from Ormskirk in Lancashire up to Mellor, Osbaldeston, Salmesbury area on a Sunday, and was wondering if anyone can recommend a cafe / garden centre cafe or similar, that would be good for a group of cyclists to stop at in the area.

Thanks.
PeteM

Comments

• Priory Cafe at Scorton is one of the countries best? South of Lancaster.
    Decent enough cafe at Slaidburn, but the owner is a bit of a moaner and I don't think he likes big numbers.
    Cafe at Chipping,not bad a bit pricey. Not that large.
    So there we go, North of Preston, south of Lancaster it's the Priory at Scorton.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    There is a garden centre on the leyland-standish road before Charnock Richard or after if coming the other way. If you come out at the crossroads of Leyland and where the Ordnance used to be, turn right and go down towards Charnock and it's on the right. There is the church hall at Rivington but there is a scarcity around there unless you go in the middle of Chorley. There is the Italian place in Standish but they might not want a group of cyclists in there. If you are up at Salmesbury maybe go thro' to Whalley and the Abbey?
    M.Rushton
  • Solis
    Solis Posts: 166
    Well if you are coming to Mellor I could put a brew on :D

There are a few farm shop cafes along the A59 nearby - Huntleys, Mrs Dowsons but would suggest here for a group of cyclists, its a couple of minutes from Osbaldeston:

http://www.sugarvine.com/lancashire/sea ... rant=75072

If Matt is in the adjoining butchers tell him you want a group discount in the caf, if I see him before I will mention it :wink:
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    The Priory at Scorton springs straight to mind (as others have said). It's almost my favourite, 1st is Eureka Cyclists Cafe on Wirral :)
  • Solis
    Solis Posts: 166
    Priory at Scorton great caf (and now cycle shop) but you will be adding around 3 hours to your ride :shock:
  • Nice cafe at Chipping and also at Dunsop Bridge ,the cafe at Slaidburn is fine as well I allways find the bloke ok ,he stamps audax stuff readily his cafe is a bit small and always busy.
    positivley 4th street
  • Thanks indeed to everyone who replied to my query. We are pretty familiar with the cafes at Scorton, Chipping, Charnock Richard etc, but special thanks to 'Solis' for recommending the Farm Shop / cafe at Osbaldeston. We plan to cross the A59 at Osbaldeston, so a detour for half a mile or so up the A59 would be no trouble....and it's about half way on a circular ride from Ormskirk. So sounds pretty well perfect.
    Not sure about who'll carry the meat home though!
    So many thanks again to everyone
    PeteM