New bike on the way ....

Roastie
Roastie Posts: 1,968
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Decided I needed an XC race bike and C2W became an option so, in theory, there should be a Scott Scale in a container somewhere with my name on it. :)

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Absolutely no self-control :roll:

Congratulations :lol:
  • Roastie
    ITCHING!!!!

Already thinking of upgrades. Think I may need to go past the shop to upgrade straight to a better model. :o
  • Cafewanda
    You already have storage space that's big enough? :)
  • Roastie
    Nope, but given that I am a bachelor again, there is really no such thing as not enough storage space!
  • Cafewanda
    You would think so but what happens when family want to descend?

I'm thinking of turning my spare room into my bike room, but I may have to have a single bed in it. On the other hand, this will discourage long-stayers 8)
  • Roastie
    :) Dad is currently staying with me and is happily sharing the room with 3 bikes, 3 frames a workstand and a few spare pairs of wheels. All's good!

(I might need a bigger flat)
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    What's the frame material on that prototype David? Please tell me it's Ti, please tell me it's Ti, please tell me it's Ti. :wink:
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Roastie wrote:
    :) Dad is currently staying with me and is happily sharing the room with 3 bikes, 3 frames a workstand and a few spare pairs of wheels. All's good!

Cheaper to get rid of your dad surely :p
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    if you're not using the ti frame - I can take that it off your hands for a bit :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Roastie
    SimonAH wrote:
    What's the frame material on that prototype David? Please tell me it's Ti, please tell me it's Ti, please tell me it's Ti. :wink:
    Yep, it's Ti.

And, starting in roughly a month from now, I am hoping to start taking orders for custom built-to-order framesets. :) (it has been a long slog)
  • Roastie
    Oddjob62 wrote:
    Roastie wrote:

Cheaper to get rid of your dad surely :p
    Good point you make.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Roastie wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:
    Yep, it's Ti.

And, starting in roughly a month from now, I am hoping to start taking orders for custom built-to-order framesets. :) (it has been a long slog)

PM sent Roastie
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.