Hi everyone Newbie Here

brianmrfq340
brianmrfq340 Posts: 2
edited August 2010 in MTB beginners
Hi i'm new to the MTB scene and have just purchased a GT Avalanche 1.0 From Evans, Over the moon with it to be honest, Especially as I have now upgraded the pedals to Spd Shimano XT and bought some proper MTB Shoes 8) Those trainers were killing my feet! . I live in a village called calverton just north of nottingham with some really good woods locally with some good trails. Only had the bike for 5 days and already done 50 miles on it already, ( Im Addicted).
I Have done Blidworth woods and Sansom woods a few times over the last couple of days, Can anyone recommend me some nice alternate routes for a Beginner locally?
So glad I have got back into biking, Been nearly 10 years for me since I was last on one, You know what its like once you pass your driving test the push bike gets shoved in the garage and then sold a bit later on due to lack of use!
Any way glad to be back and will hopefully help me get fit again, :D
Cheers Brian.

Comments

• x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    Hi Brian,

Welcome to the world of biking! Not too far away is both Sherwood Pines and Cannock Chase if you are able to transport your bike to them.

Both centres have blue and green routes, and even the reds at both are suitable for "having a go". With the possible exception of the Monkey trail at Cannock, possibly worth sticking to just the Follow the Dog trail to start with.

Links below which may help;

Cannock Chase - www.chasetrails.co.uk

Sherwood Pines - http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/INFD-7C8KP7
    Craig Rogers
  • Hi Brian,

I'm not a million miles from you as I live in Kirkby. Maybe meet up if you come up to Sherwood Pines some time?

Chris
    Chris St Clair
    2010 Land Rover Experience Pro
    2007 Fox Talas 32 R front fork
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    Ah, I saw your other thread on the board - if you get the chance, I'd go for a bimble around the trails at Cannock (follow the dog and the monkey trail) rather than Sherwood.
  • Wellcome Brian!