Midlife crisis?

2»

Comments

• I'm 34 and just starting to get in to cycling/gym/generally looking after myself. It could be a midlife thing, but it could equally be the (only) positive side-effect of a marriage breakdown.
    '12 CAAD 8 Tiagra
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Depends how long you plan on living...

Frankly a midlife crisis at 35 seems a tad pessimistic.

:shock:
    Or optimistic, depending on how you view things. :P
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Eeek.

Just turned 40

Just gone fixed

Hunting for a Ti frame

I think they may have got me cold. :shock:
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Oddly, this exact topic came up in the office yesterday.

A colleague (50ish woman) who tends to grab the desk next to me when she's in the London office was talking about the number of 30-something men in the office who are doing triathlons these days (two just did an Ironman - the quicker guy completing it in 10 hours). I said it was the new version of the mid-life crisis (and I speak as a late 30-something who has done a couple of marathons and is now really starting to get into road cycling).

And one of the slightly older guys in the office (again, about 50ish) has just left his wife for a younger woman with whom he works. And has put down a deposit on a Caterham.

So a prime example of the old-fashioned approach to a MLC and plenty of examples of the more modern approach.
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.