Joining the Carbon Superpowers, for a day...

2»

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689

Thoughts on Ultegra SL: Nice enough, very light shifting action, but other than that, not really a massive change from a well set-up Tiagra. I'm glad I tried it, because now I don't have the upgrade itch.

Interesting. ITB said something similar, that there wasn't much difference in the shifting between Ultegra and 105 and that the only difference was weight.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    We were talking about the definition of carbon super power this week, I believe it's been used to freely, why super? super expensive? super light?

mmmm there needs to be a reason other than just carbon.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I've been given a red letter day to drive a car around Silverstone. My options are

Focus RS

BMW M5

Aston Martin

So which one are you going for? They're all different so there's not necessarily an obvious choice! If I could only choose one to go round Silverstone, it'd probably be the M5.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Here a good example of super, in this case i'd say because of the bikes and riders

The top of the Col de la Colombière after having just climb Col des Aravis and just before the Col de Romme, I quote "The best description of the route up to Romme is: relentless. It just goes up the side of a cliff and keeps going higher. "

4979908454_be4979ffb6_z.jpg

Super indeed 8)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.