Bargain - High-Vis Top

paulbox
paulbox Posts: 1,203
edited August 2010 in Commuting general
I was out at the weekend looking for a few bits for my holiday, popped in to Sport & Soccer (ahhh!), spotted a rack of Karrimor high-vis running tops on sale for £4.50.

Wore it today for cycle in, could do with being a touch longer in the back, but fine with bib-shorts. It also has a few reflective strips on it.

Have recently been wearing one of those high-vis waistcoats over my cycling top, this was a much better solution and probably cost less...
XC: Giant Anthem X
Fun: Yeti SB66
Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,925
    There's a Bargains thread over on Commuter Chat

You may want to post this there
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    They're OK. My old man just got given a load from his mate and I'd say the cut was better for jogging or a more upright position if on a bike if you're not riding too fast.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Or if you want to spend £4 more, you could get their cycling top.

Karrimor seems to be selling stuff cheap.

I's pretty comfortable for the price, and the zipped key pocket in the back is also a noce addition.
    jimmypippa wrote:
    This has to be commuting, as it is a bit bright even for me, but Filed and Trek in Ambleside, were selling Karrimor fluro Orange cycle tops (below) for £8.99 (this week -I don't know how long for)

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/karrimor-cycle-tee-636017?colcode=63601725

They are brighter than in the photo, standard three rear pockets, with an additional zipped one on the middle, and reflective trim.

Not used yet, but seemed pretty good.

I was a bit surprised by the fact it was Field and Trek and Karrimor...
  • IIRC Mike Ashley owns the rights to Karrimor, in addition to dunlop, donnay et. al.
    which probably explains why these brands are the cheapest in WOS.
    speaking as a (long suffering) NUFC fan, I have a huge problem in walking into WOS to begin with, but accepts that some Karrimor kit can be press-ganged into budget cycling kit....
    Precious football rant over.
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • sampurnell
    sampurnell Posts: 126
    can vouch for how bright these are - we did the 24 hour cycle race for Action and one of our team wroe one.
    we could spot him from a kilometer out - literally.
  • rf6
    rf6 Posts: 323
    I've got a couple of the cycling tops. Great value for money. Not the best cut or quality, but hard to argue with for the price.