Ribble Cycles - Anyone got any recent experiences?

T1berious
T1berious Posts: 438
edited August 2010 in MTB general
Hi,

I think I've made a bit of an error and just want to know if the horror stories I've read about Ribble are gone or are still very much still valid :(

I usually only order stuff from CRC (who I've been always happy with) but they didn't have the items in stock and I needed a rear mech and shifters pretty sharpish.

Just want to know if I should start chasing Ribble now (they taken the cash but the site states it's still awaiting processing of funds?) or leave it a bit.

I'd love to hear about your recent Ribble experiences :)

Cheers

T1b

Comments

• blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    phone them up and ask what the delay is. i've never had a problem with them.
  • T1berious
    It's day 2 so I thought I'd cut them some slack :)I'm just very used to CRC's lightening quick responses.
  • T1berious
    Items arrived safe and sound so I'm a happy customer :) website could do with being less vague on order status though :)
  • GWick
    GWick Posts: 9
    Ordered a new Met Veleno Helmet and workstand from them about a month ago. Dirt cheap and arrived within 2~3 days.

That has been my first and only order with them though.
    Merlin Malt 1
    Giant Anthem X3
  • Ordered a bike stand a couple of months back - quick delivery, no problems.
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    Had a bike stand ordered, delivered within 2 days. Happy customer.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • mea00csf
    mea00csf Posts: 558
    on the other hand, my boyfriend had a horror of a transaction with them. He ordered a groupset, they took payment, then it turned out they were out of stock. They didn't auto refund, so we tried to ring them on many occasions and couldn't get through, they never returned emails and all in all it took about 3 weeks to get a refund, on something that they couldn't even send out because it wasn't in stock. Would never use them again......
  • wesk
    wesk Posts: 131
    I ordered some xt shifters and spd's. Mailed next day to say sorry, want them faster, can I pay for speeded up delivery. They replied no, once it's processed, you're stuck with the order.
    Parts were there waiting when I got home anyway. Well before their system updated that they were on there way.
    Good experiance. Very happy.
  • NDawn
    NDawn Posts: 238
    popstar wrote:
    Had a bike stand ordered, delivered within 2 days. Happy customer.

Ditto, great stand as well, does the job well. Probably wouldn't stand up to me fitting a bottom bracket but for everything else it's ideal!
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    Went in today for some pedals, they wouldn't match the online price which includes 7% discount

Unless I went away and ordered online and came back 5 minutes later to collect - which I couldn't be arsed doing for the sake of saving £3

Nice Aston Martin outside with personalised plate so they're obviopusly doing OK....
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    phone them up and ask what the delay is. i've never had a problem with them.

This.

Ordered my repair stand (what a great bit of kit that is for £50) on Tuesday, delivered Wednesday.
  • blert123
    blert123 Posts: 45
    Ordered some park tools at 15.00 on next day delivery although the cut off was stated at 14.00 and they came at 8.30 the next day but I am only 15minutes from the PF depot. Very happy