Blog about drivers in London who swear at cyclists.

mybreakfastconsisted
mybreakfastconsisted Posts: 1,018
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Our first wanker was angry that a bicycle was on the road.

He hit his horn whilst behind me, whilst I was waiting in the cycle box at the traffic lights. As he turned at the junction alongside me, he continued to use his horn. At the next traffic lights, he rolled his window down to shout

“You stupid fxxxxng slut, get off the road and onto the pavement, you stupid bxxxh”.

He was in his company vehicle, so rather than rise to his bait, I took my iPhone out and openly took a photo of his registration plate. For some reason this shut him up.

The company in question is Cannon Hygiene.

I’ve written to them to tell them about their driver, and will update if they get back to me.

http://101wankers.tumblr.com/

Comments

• :lol:

Love the blog.

So sorry to hear about your bike though! Barstewards.
  • It's not me, sorry.

Someone posted a link from The Guardian website.

t's just un frigging believable that people behave like that in a van, with THEIR COMPANY NAME ON THE SIDE!!!
  • Ahhhhh my bad!

Well, it's not that unbelieveable. People are stupid.
  • I guess I'm lucky that I haven't been verbally abused (yet) on my commute in north-west Kent and it astonishes and saddens me that other people think this is ok to do and somehow funny.

All I've suffered so far is the daily idiots who don't look before pulling out of side-roads, people passing me without pulling out around me and the lorry driver who decided a couple of days ago to rev up and keep braking right behind me on a wide section of road, before blasting his horn and passing by close enough to give me my first real fright.

My perhaps slightly rediculous thought was that it was my 25th wedding anniversary and I didn't want to end up under some t*****s wheels.

Anyway, keep safe and I hope you get your beloved bike back.
  • A guy I've had some contact with was in the pub with Dawn Foster when the idea for the blog was dreamt up. They got grief for buying pints for the women instead of ladies' drinks....

http://853blog.wordpress.com/2010/08/08 ... r-wankers/

More news from the glorious south-east....

EDIT: oh, and here's a different account about how the blog came about...

http://fforphilistine.wordpress.com/
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Easyriding wrote:
    All I've suffered so far is the daily idiots who don't look before pulling out of side-roads, people passing me without pulling out around me and the lorry driver who decided a couple of days ago to rev up and keep braking right behind me on a wide section of road, before blasting his horn and passing by close enough to give me my first real fright.

Complain to the company and the chief exec. This guy will do the same to others.

I did a couple of weeks back and the guy got a written warning and warned any further incidents he was out the door.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    She's had her bike nicked sadly, the lfgss lot are building her a new one
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Clever Pun wrote:
    She's had her bike nicked, sadly the lfgss lot are building her a new one
    Fixed that for you.