Womens Specific MTB Shoe advice

ejsmall
ejsmall Posts: 7
edited August 2010 in Women
Hi All

I am after women's specific MTB shoes (not SPDs) that must be waterproof. I am finding it very difficult trying to find womens MTB shoes that are great for wet conditions. I don't have a massive budget and ideally don't want to spend anymore than £70 so if there are any products that can be recommended to me, please please please let me know!!

Many thanks!

Comments

• kathg
    kathg Posts: 142
    Hi ecrock,

I used the 5.10 mtb shoe/boot things all through last winter and they were great! Not waterproof completely but after I used walking boot, water repelling treatment on them and with sealskinz winter socks inside my feet were pretty toasty all winter.
    Pretty difficult to get waterproof mtb shoes I reckon.. A goretex sock inside will keep your feet as dry as poss though.
    Good luck, and let us know if you find anything that works!

kathg
  • thewaiter
    thewaiter Posts: 110
    The wife is also looking for something more waterproof if there are any other ideas ? :?
  • mobilekat
    mobilekat Posts: 245
    I use walking trainers- as I suffer from large feet (size 10) so cant get any women specific fit shoes.
    But the trainers are water resistant and have great grip when paired with DMR V12 pedals.

I think its virtually impossible to have a totally waterproof shoe as I tend to get water in the tops!

But the Meindl shoes seem as good as anything I have found, and work even better when I remember to re-proof them!
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......
  • It's a bit hit and miss but check out tk maxx, I got some berghaus approach shoes, very grippy, warm and water resistant.
    "office jobs suck"
  • ejsmall
    ejsmall Posts: 7
    I gave up looking for specific women's MTB waterproofs so after a bit of advise I went for a pair of DHBs from Wiggle with a pair of SealSkinz waterproof socks!!
    Roll on the winter months!!
  • thewaiter
    thewaiter Posts: 110
    does seem to be a lack of womens specific, :(