Is there anybody going out this Sunday or next weekend hitting few trails
in the leith hill area. Been out few times, find my way around just need to
get better idea of the trails!!!
Thanks
Niall

Comments

• popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    I would check -London Calling- thread. Friendly crowd, riding around many places not only SH.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What Popstar said.
    Ride planned for 21st, but just keep an eye on it as often rides are 'planned' haha last minute.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Why not join a guided ride in the area?

There are several companies in The Surrey Hills offering guided singletrack rides. I can't speak for the others, but we are more than happy for you to bring your GPS (or map) along to waypoint all the trailheads and record your route. That way you can come back and enjoy the trails again without the need of a guide.

Professional guides know where all the best trails are, even the secret ones, and can also link them all together into a flowing ride.

Check us out at Surrey Hills Mountain Bike Guides:

http://www.surreyhillsmountainbikeguides.co.uk

Also, why not make a day of it and come on one of our mountain bike skills coaching courses too:

http://www.surreyhillsmountainbikeguide ... /index.php

Happy riding!
  • thewaiter
    thewaiter Posts: 110
    Why not join a guided ride in the area?

There are several companies in The Surrey Hills offering guided singletrack rides. I can't speak for the others, but we are more than happy for you to bring your GPS (or map) along to waypoint all the trailheads and record your route. That way you can come back and enjoy the trails again without the need of a guide.

Professional guides know where all the best trails are, even the secret ones, and can also link them all together into a flowing ride.

Check us out at Surrey Hills Mountain Bike Guides:

http://www.surreyhillsmountainbikeguides.co.uk

Also, why not make a day of it and come on one of our mountain bike skills coaching courses too:

http://www.surreyhillsmountainbikeguide ... /index.php

Happy riding!

hey this looks pretty good... there are 4 of us heading round that way 8-9-10 Sept I'll have a chat with the others and see if there is any int :wink:
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I'll do a ride for you for half what they charge :-)

Seriously, there's enough people riding regularly that you don't need to pay a chunk to be shown round, no offence to Danielle, I hope it continues to be viable! The majority of the trails are rather well known, there's not much secret (legal) stuff, and they shouldn't be guiding on the illegal stuff!
  • arcing
    arcing Posts: 57
    Best bet it to rock up to Nirvana Cycles in Westcott http://www.nirvanacycles.com They do weekend rides for nothing. At this time of year there's a nice number of people on them to swap stories with. Details of the times are on the front page of their site.

They also do a map showing you most of the well known trails over on Holmbury Hill.
  • thewaiter wrote:

hey this looks pretty good... there are 4 of us heading round that way 8-9-10 Sept I'll have a chat with the others and see if there is any int :wink:

Drop us a line if you'd like to have a chat about it. :)

0800 756 6999

The other advantage of hiring a professional guide is having a mechanic and qualified first aider along on your ride too. They carry all the tools and spares leaving you to enjoy your ride with a light pack. They will also be fully insured in case of incident.

Hope to see hear from you soon.

Happy riding!
  • thewaiter
    good points all round ** thumbs up **

we are staying in Cranleigh so not too far from Westcott Nirvana organise an old blokes ride on a Wednesday afternoon... that would suit :wink: .... the killer loop ride sounds interesting....
  • njee20
    I'm in Cranleigh, whilst the Nirvana rides are meant to be good they start at the opposite end of the hills really. A ride starting in Peaslake would show you the closer stuff, if that's a factor.

If you don't want a group ride I'm happy to show you around, should be able to do a Wednesday too.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    +1 again for the London Calling thread.

There are loads of us now out in the area pretty much most weekends. Doesn't cost you money, although if you want to give us some cash you are welcome too :D.

Just works by someone saying when they're going for a ride, and people come along. Simples.

Though we're weekend warrior types, out for a bit of exploring and a laugh. If you're after enduro race whatever then we're probably not the right bunch :D
  • thewaiter
    njee you have mail :wink:
  • njee20
    Can't see one, dropped you a PM!