Top class/champion XCers who run flats ?

weeksy59
weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
edited August 2010 in MTB general
LAds,

Discussing the old SPD/Flats debate somewhere else and i made a comment which was on a thread on here about a worldchamp/runner up etc who was running on flats not SPD's

But for the life of me i can't find it...

Any ideas please ?

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Never heard of anyone running flats at the top level, certainly not recent. I'm not even aware of any UK Expert or Elite riders using flats.
  • Miggins
    Miggins Posts: 433
    Log in, go to the bottom of the forum page to where it says "Who is online", click on your username then click on "Find all posts by weeksy59". It'll be in there somewhere, though at over 1200 posts it could take you a while. You've probably already done that but it's all I can suggest, I'm afraid.
    After uphill there's downhill
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    Miggins wrote:
    Log in, go to the bottom of the forum page to where it says "Who is online", click on your username then click on "Find all posts by weeksy59". It'll be in there somewhere, though at over 1200 posts it could take you a while. You've probably already done that but it's all I can suggest, I'm afraid.

Wasn't me who posted it mate, was someone else.
  • Miggins
    Miggins Posts: 433
    You don't need to have been the original author of the thread to find your comments on that thread. If you made a comment on someone else's thread, it'll be listed under your posts.
    After uphill there's downhill
  • weeksy59 wrote:
    LAds,

Discussing the old SPD/Flats debate somewhere else and i made a comment which was on a thread on here about a worldchamp/runner up etc who was running on flats not SPD's

But for the life of me i can't find it...

Any ideas please ?

Yes it's a fair point but please do your best to explain why all those 'trail centre riders', most of which will more than likely NEVER enter and win a serious comp should bother?

Is there a trophy with prize money being handed out at the end of their trail centre weekend 'pootle'???

Thought not. :D
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Yes it's a fair point but please do your best to explain why all those 'trail centre riders', most of which will more than likely NEVER enter and win a serious comp should bother?

Is there a trophy with prize money being handed out at the end of their trail centre weekend 'pootle'???

Who gives a flying crap about what someone else has on the end of there cranks. If you are looking and sneering at someone elses pedals you seriously need to get a life :roll:
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675

To put it a different way- you wouldn't ride their bikes, or wear their clothes, or use their tyres, why assume their pedals are the exception?

(OK, they actualyl are the exception, for many, but just don't assume it)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,662

what....you don't get that?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver