Bar bag to carry bottles?

xraymtb
xraymtb Posts: 121
edited August 2010 in Tour & expedition
Going on a long weekend trip soon but a fair bit of it is off-road so need to take the MTB - unfortunately, it's FS and the frame can't carry bottles.

I've solved the luggage issues by using a seatpost rack and drybag along with a second drybag strapped to the bars - I'm now thinking though about replacing this with a bar bag if I can find one that would also hold a couple of water bottles on the sides?

Most that I have looked at - like the Avenir Waterproof - don't have side pockets or mesh pouches.

I also dont want to spend too much - I did see the Creek2Peak Pioneer on sale that is a nice big size and has mesh pockets but I'm not sure they would hold a bottle.

Anyone have a suggestion?
exercise.png

Comments

• will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    I got a bar mounted bottle cage in tesco, if that helps. Not sure if the still do them or not as I haven't looked of late
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • xraymtb
    I never found these when I looked in the past!!!

That might solve the problem if I have space on the bars.

On the subject of bar bags - does anyone know of one that can have a rollmat or similar strapped under it?
    exercise.png
  • andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    Have you thought about a framebag? a barbag full of water is going to be pretty heavy and unwiledy. Personally I'd use a hydration backpack and put lighter stuff into a barbag.

Is the problem thazt you don't have bosses of that the frame is hydrofaormed aluminium (ie not round). There are ways round the first problem - IIRC Minoura make doobries that clamp onto the frame.
  • xraymtb
    Hydroformed alu with the frame space almost filled with the shock and lingage. A custom framebag would fit but only a single 500ml bottle.
    exercise.png
  • ralex
    ralex Posts: 85
    If your luggage doesn't get in the way, you could use a saddle mounted bottle cage system : http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Minou ... e=googleps