Secure cycle parking in Covent Garden?

st199ml
st199ml Posts: 63
edited August 2010 in Commuting general
Hello

I'm about to start working for a company with no cycle parking, which just reminds me how spoilt I've been in the past.

Does anyone know of good, secure bike parking anywhere near to Covent Garden? I vaguely recall a private company but can't find anything online. Do any of the NCP car parks have facilities?

Any other suggestions apart from leaving pride and joy chained to a lamp-post?

Thanks

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    When I go to the gym I strap my baby to a bike rack.... Never heard of any secure parking available to the public. The only place I know with secure bike parking available to all (at a price) is London Bridge.
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    When I go to the gym I strap my baby to a bike rack.... Never heard of any secure parking available to the public. The only place I know with secure bike parking available to all (at a price) is London Bridge.

Depending on your route (and tolerance for faff) you could always ride to London Bridge (or other known secure parking), park bike and then take Boris Bike to Covent Garden. Will set you back an additional £45 per year...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    TGOTB wrote:

Depending on your route (and tolerance for faff) you could always ride to London Bridge (or other known secure parking), park bike and then take Boris Bike to Covent Garden. Will set you back an additional £45 per year...

Could do. Probably easier just to get an average quality bike and use 2 big D locks. Never had a bike nicked yet. If you really want to ride a beautiful hand made Italian carbon bike to work or something then you'd need secure parking
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    Ohh me jumps on post :)

I'm actually going out around Covent Garden this Thursday for a work do, and as I'm barely drinking these days I wanted to cycle there and avoid the train. It means locking the bike up though.

I guess try and park your bike up next to a nicer looking one ;)