Cycling Season

TKing
TKing Posts: 43
edited August 2010 in Amateur race
When does the Cycling season officially start, and therefore end?

Thanks.

Comments

• SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    I cycle all year round, but race TT's generally March to October, racing could be extended into Feb so all year round as well, if I done a full season of cyclo cross. Some people will race all year round in road races as well no doubt.
  • TKing
    but for race licences, when are your season's points scrapped, and when do you have a clean palette again?
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Ah the end of the calendar year I think, not entirely sure on that. I think it also depends on what Cat rider you are.
  • Dess1e
    Dess1e Posts: 239
    Points are reset to zero on Dec 1st, although licences run for the calender year.
  • love2ride
    love2ride Posts: 224
    Dess1e wrote:
    Points are reset to zero on Dec 1st, although licences run for the calender year.
    Surely points are set to zero on January 1st? When you have to renew your license?
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Think it changed to December because of the Winter series held at Hillingdon and Hog Hill that run December-February
  • love2ride
    love2ride Posts: 224
    As I am currently 2nd year youth, does that mean I become a junior at the start of december?
  • Dess1e
    Dess1e Posts: 239
    No you become a Junior on Jan 1st, when your licence changes. Confusing I know, but the reason for the points reset is for the various winter leagues (track and road) that now exist.
  • TKing
    So does the winter series at Hillingdon and Hog Hill mark the start of the new season?

Obviously there will be other races at this time as well...
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    bottom line is that if you score points in the winter series they will be there in the new year.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    TKing wrote:
    So does the winter series at Hillingdon and Hog Hill mark the start of the new season?
    The traditional road racing season is still March to September. That's when most of the races are still held.

Sure you can now start racing in December, but I suspect you'll be sick of it by May.
  • incog24
    incog24 Posts: 549
    Bronzie wrote:
    TKing wrote:
    The traditional road racing season is still March to September. That's when most of the races are still held.

Sure you can now start racing in December, but I suspect you'll be sick of it by May.

Good as time as any to get points towards you 3rd or 2nd cat. Crit format overlaps with cross well too.
    Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk