Ladies, I have discovered the holy grail.....

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited October 2010 in Women
Ladies MTBing shorts that don't give you a massive bum :shock: :D:D:D

I'd heard about the female-specific make Loeka and found their Tech Shorts in my size in the sale at Chain Reaction, and thought I woudl give them a go for £35. Well, they are so nice that I ordered a second pair last night! I can;t find them in the sale any more but here they are....

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=49408

They are just the shorts outer (I have loads of padded undershorts to wear with them) which is a lovely soft fabric. But the real bonus is that they fit 'normally, and don't make your bum look huge!!! I got the pinstripe ones which look really nice.

I haven't tried riding in them yet, but will wear them tomorrow night and will report back! I am just delighted to find MTBing shorts that actually look nice for a change!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• gb2gw
    gb2gw Posts: 81
    Thanks for the rec Sarah!

Funnily enough I wore a new pair of shorts out riding this weekend and I was super impressed with them. They're a bit shorter than the Loeka ones by the look of it, but they're still of a length that doesn't show too much and feels really comfortable when you're riding (they're also nice soft slightly stretchy fabric), they come with a lovely cool meshy liner with a really decent 3d pad. Plus they look great (even if I do say so myself) - have a really nice wide waistband and flat front, plus the behind area stays flat and doesn't bulk at all. Most definately taking those on holiday with me tomorrow!!

These are they - on sale at the min from She Active if anyone's interested.

http://www.sheactive.co.uk/item_detail. ... edium=7261

and there's a piccy you can enlarge of the backside view here
    http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/ ... AID=208029
  • miss notax
    Oooooh, nice!

You don't think that *shock horror* MTB clothes manufacturers are actually realising that ladies want decent MTBing kit that actually works AND looks nice??!

Good grief! :shock: :wink::lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Still not realizing fat women cycle as well :evil:

Fortunately I'm not very fashion concious so the mens Madison shorts I got do me.
  • max11
    max11 Posts: 1
    Hi,

The Old English wifman meant "female human" (man or mann had a default meaning of "male human," but could also be used generically to refer to a person of unspecified gender, corresponding to Modern English "one" or "someone").[1] The medial labial consonants coalesced to create the modern form "woman"; the initial element, which meant "female," underwent semantic narrowing to the sense of a married woman ("wife").Symbol of the planet and Roman goddess Venus, also used to indicate the female sex.A very common Indo-European root for woman, *gwen-, is the source of English queen (Old English cwēn primarily meant woman, highborn or not; this is still the case in Danish, with the modern spelling kvinde, as well as in Swedish kvinna), as well as gynaecology (from Greek gynē), banshee fairy woman (from Irish bean woman, sí fairy) and zenana (from Persian zan). The Latin fēmina, whence female, is likely from the root in fellāre (to suck), referring to breastfeeding.

[Spam URL deleted, insane posting left for comedy value - John S]
  • miss notax
    WTF?? :shock: :? :roll:

• max11 wrote:
    Hi,

The Old English wifman meant "female human" (man or mann had a default meaning of "male human," but could also be used generically to refer to a person of unspecified gender, corresponding to Modern English "one" or "someone").[1] The medial labial consonants coalesced to create the modern form "woman"; the initial element, which meant "female," underwent semantic narrowing to the sense of a married woman ("wife").Symbol of the planet and Roman goddess Venus, also used to indicate the female sex.A very common Indo-European root for woman, *gwen-, is the source of English queen (Old English cwēn primarily meant woman, highborn or not; this is still the case in Danish, with the modern spelling kvinde, as well as in Swedish kvinna), as well as gynaecology (from Greek gynē), banshee fairy woman (from Irish bean woman, sí fairy) and zenana (from Persian zan). The Latin fēmina, whence female, is likely from the root in fellāre (to suck), referring to breastfeeding.

I've heard better chat up lines :wink:
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    max11 wrote:
    Hi,

I've heard better chat up lines :wink:

He had me at "wifman"...
  • mobilekat
    mobilekat Posts: 245
    You know that moment when you are sat reading something and your brain is waving a flag at you pointing out its s bit odd.......

Yup that was one of those!!
    :D
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......
  • miss notax
    mobilekat wrote:
    You know that moment when you are sat reading something and your brain is waving a flag at you pointing out its s bit odd.......

Yup that was one of those!!
    :D

Yep :lol::lol:

Stuff like this cheers me up no end though.... I may be a bit loopy around the edges, but at least i'm not THAT mad :wink::D

• gb2gw
    gb2gw Posts: 81
    The bit I think I find most amusing is the fact that (s)he thought to say 'hi' before launching into all that :D
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Being nosey :p

But he could have burst into the i love bigg butts and so on.. :P which all men do look at half the worlds obbssesion with J-lo's rear :p
  • kathg
    kathg Posts: 142
    I lost the will to live halfway through that.. read the following posts and nearly fell off chair laughing :lol: .. Hilarious! One question, well two actually.. What?? and Why???
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    Just for the record, shorts can't give you a massive bum. That's reserved for chocolate! Shorts can just show it off!
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    and show it off you all must muhahaha.

I'll get me coat now
  • I don't have any problem with my shorts making my bum look big. My fat arse does that all on it's own! :lol:
  • Lucozade1
    Lucozade1 Posts: 171
    My wife is looking for a comfy liner short, which does not feel like, as she calls it a "Dyper"!!!!

Any suggestions??

Thanks
    It's all in the glory!!!

2011 Giant Trance X2
    [url=ihttp://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa452/Lucozadejim/MyMachine4.jpg]ihttp://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa ... chine4.jpg[/url]
    2008 Rockrider HT
  • mobilekat
    mobilekat Posts: 245
    All liners look and feel like diapers in my book.

I use the Altura Womens Mistral Lycra Pad Shorts, which are designed as a lycra short, but I use them with our without over shorts.

They stretch well (thank god!) and have had no issues with them riding up. so far have washed well, and other then some of the outer logo wearing off I am 100% pleased.
    In fact so pleased I have 4 pairs! (helped when on holiday and no access to washing machine!)
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......