Norwich Crits

13»

Comments

• danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    A bit of a bump for this......

Have heard that there should be another series at the P&R this year, also, that the Lotus league is moving from Hethel to Tibenham airfield.
  • Lion-O
    Lion-O Posts: 48
    i think 3 clunbs have steped forward so there might be 6 races this year. Lotus currently looking at options for the weds night league
  • danowat
    Lion-O wrote:
    Lotus currently looking at options for the weds night league

I thought it was decided it was going to be Tibenham airfield, is that not the case then?
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Tibenham is only a possible atm, apparently some airplane type people want to use the airfield in the evenings(how inconsiderate!) If they do get it it looks like it will be just one runway with cones for corners. Watch this space.

Lion, you probably got the same email as I did today re Norwich Crits, lets hope it comes off and we can go back to the p&r as I for one really enjoyed it last year(not when I was getting hammered by Danowat though! :D )
  • danowat
    Fingers crossed, as soon as either / both are confirmed I am going to get my race license, if neither come off, then I am just giong to race Woodbridge on a day license, seems pointless to get a license to race just two events, Iwas thinking about the wicklewood road races, but I am a little wary of getting my arse handed to me on a silver platter!!.

I am hoping to be a bit quicker this year, my training is a little more "targeted" so far, rather than last years scattergun approach!!

Can't be much airplane stuff go on at Tibenham, last time I was round that neck of the woods it was only ever used by a handfull of gliders every now and then.
  • Lion-O
    Lion-O Posts: 48
    markos im sure i got the same email. it would be nice to have a longer circuit though so we can have bigger fields and a safe race