Coventry Newbie

LeoSlayer
LeoSlayer Posts: 8
edited August 2010 in MTB beginners
Hi,
New to the site, thought I'd pop one in here to say ello to you all. I'm pretty new to MTB's, awaiting delivery of a Cube Pro LTD (hopefully here by the end of the week! :D ) Is it a good choice? any bad points?

Looking to do some XC, any tips/advice very welcome and if you need a tag-along novice I'm your man!

Cheers
Lee

Comments

• Well what a very welcoming bunch you lot are... ....NOT!!!! :cry:
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I don't know about the specific bike, but Cubes always seem to be pretty well specced.

Have you done any MTBing before? Cannock Chase is the nearest trail centre, but it might be worth getting an OS map and exploring the countryside before you get onto 'proper' trails. Depending on where you are in Cov, the Warwickshire greenery might be within riding distance.

Also, have a look at http://www.godivatrailriders.org/
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    LeoSlayer wrote:
    Well what a very welcoming bunch you lot are... ....NOT!!!! :cry:
    Welcome!

Don't bother with Cannock it's rubbish. Try Wales.
  • bails87 wrote:
    I don't know about the specific bike, but Cubes always seem to be pretty well specced.

Have you done any MTBing before? Cannock Chase is the nearest trail centre, but it might be worth getting an OS map and exploring the countryside before you get onto 'proper' trails. Depending on where you are in Cov, the Warwickshire greenery might be within riding distance.

Also, have a look at http://www.godivatrailriders.org/

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have done FTD once on my old knackered MTB and loved every painfull minute of it, looking forward to getting back out there though and putting this new bike to the test. As soon as it arrives I'll be off to try FTD and the Monkey trails. I'll check the link as it may well be handy being so local.

Thanks Again, Lee
  • .blitz wrote:
    LeoSlayer wrote:
    Well what a very welcoming bunch you lot are... ....NOT!!!! :cry:
    Welcome!

Don't bother with Cannock it's rubbish. Try Wales.

Hi, Cheers. :D

I think Wales will be the odd weekend throughout the year, which are the places to visit??
  • These guys aren't too far away from you.

http://www.rugbymountainbikeclub.co.uk/

nice people
  • Cube LTD pro, which is what I have is quite a good bike. Climbs pretty well if you ask me, and handles the downhill bits a bit well, just be sure to choose very good lines.

Welcome to the site !
  • wellcome!!!!
  • Hi Lee,
    As said above have a look at www.godivatrailriders.org who are based in Cov

I've been out with them a couple of times and they seem a nice bunch and ride at varying paces and go out on a regular ride from the shepherd pub in keresley on a wednesday evening

I'm in Corley so If you fancy a slow ride out in that area sometime give me a shout

where abouts in Cov are you?

PS. nowt wrong with Cannock either IMO
    On One Inbred 456
    On One Inbred SS