loss of driving licence ( bad eyes ) rides Manchester area?

Garybaldi
Garybaldi Posts: 2
edited August 2010 in MTB rides
Due my bad eye sight I have taken up cycling I can only ride around Manchester and im getting fed up with riding the same route now. Im not really fast and would love to have ago at moutain biking very easy stuff. would anyone out their like to show me where I could go and join me if poss :shock:

Comments

• chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    Not much going in the Manchester area. Hop on the train. Lee Quarry (6 miles from Todmorden), Rivington, the Peak District and Cannock Chase are all pretty decent. There's also Healy Nab near Chorley, but it's pretty small and still under construction.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    +1 for the train

Just a few stops from the city centre you have Hebden Bridge tons of riding from the centre of Hebden though you will need a good set of lungs and legs to get out of the valley.

Going the other way Delamere Forest has a station nearby loads of riding there and not so many hills either.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    stubs wrote:
    Going the other way Delamere Forest has a station nearby loads of riding there and not so many hills either.

I got the impression from some of the builders on Pinkbike that Delamere Forest is looking like a warzone at the moment because the FC keep knocking down the stuff that's built, and the stuff that doesn't get knocked down is being wrecked by numpties who ignore the signs saying it needs to bed in.
  • turpinr
    turpinr Posts: 255
    Garybaldi
    you weren't up rivvy a couple of sundays ago were you ??