What type of riding?

Endura
Endura Posts: 21
edited August 2010 in MTB general
Ive only been riding a few months and am picking up bits and bobs along the way doing research online and reading magazines but i honestly dont know what type of riding im doing.... :? :D

I currently ride a GT aggressor xc2. Im not into jumps and tricks but im hitting trails and love the descents, where ive been riding is probably 70% bridleway and 30% singletrack, i would like it to be more singletrack but never mind, when im fitter i want to get to some trail centers. Im not interested in racing or time trials either.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238
    I'd be more concerned with the fact your out riding and enjoy it like you seem to be.

If you want classification, xc.
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    What is it with all this classification thing, back in the day you turned up to a Race meet with one bike, Saturday morning you rode the quallys in the XC, then in the afternoon did the Duel Slalom on the same bike, then in the evening did the trials over tables and other similar obstacles one the same bike. Sunday you did the XC race and another Duel Slalom then went home.

now it seems you need to bring 4 or 5 different bikes even to compete.

lol

:lol:

just ride what ever is put in front of you, or Freeride. (before the phrase was pigeonholed)

rant over :oops:

:lol::lol:
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You're "mountain biking".
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    Sounds to me like you're riding Bimblecore...

If you start getting some air, but start wearing lyrca then you'd probably move onto Jeycore XC but fall short of Agressive All Mountain.
  • Ride anything on my vulcan, trail centres, silly rocky descents near m, bit of jumping. I wear baggy shorts and t shirt and either a full face helmet or a reguler helmet, dependent on the mood i'm in.
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    There are only two types of riding: forward and backward.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Also, you are either...
    Riding
    Crashing

or

Crashed.
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    Also, you are either...
    Riding
    Crashing

or

Crashed.

I can do all 3 in a day.

I might turn pro actually
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6