What is your perfect bike?

2»

Comments

• wouldnt worry boy lard.....
    if your anything like me there is no point in having an expensive ride cos you will just stack it every ride like me lol
    get something cheap, improve skills, then get something nice! :twisted:
    Unlike my credit card im currently carrying a low level of interest- Peter Griffin

Saracen Trace 1
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    I think my bike suits me well, the only upgrade needed to be done is the rider. Work in progress atm. It's amazing at what rate do you progress as a rider doing all kind of group rides with different type of people.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • Rindle
    Rindle Posts: 219
    I love and hate very bike I have ever owned equally. My ownly solution is that I can have magic powers to chane my set up at will.

Right now I'm loving my 24" wheel jump bike but by tomorrow morning I'll be lusting after something else and have bike parts all over my floor.

However if just talking about a trail bike I'd have to say the magic words and conjure up an anthem x with fox shocks, chris king shiny bits, full xtr and thompson stem and post and then about thrity seconds later I'd change my mind.
  • Shaggy_Dog
    Shaggy_Dog Posts: 688
    Superfly 100 with carbon wheels
    I had to beat them to death with their own shoes...
    HiFi Pro Carbon '09

LTS DH '96

The Mighty Dyna-Sore - The 90's?
  • I don't think I could own a perfect bike. I do many different things on my bikes and to have just one would mean making a compromise.

This... there is always something new to try/new technology and all the different styles of bikes and components.

For me to have the perfect bike, i'd have to try everything :lol:

Which I guess i'm trying to do.... this is why we upgrade/swap bits in and out is it not?!
  • Shaggy_Dog
    Shaggy_Dog Posts: 688
    Actually, what I'd really like is a carbon Rumblefish with a Reba 120mm Maxle Lites instead of Fox's. Which is possible if you were to buy the cheapest Rumblefish and a Superfly 100 and swap some bits around.

Or a quality 29er hardtail that will take a rack. I like touring as well as mountain biking, a 29er can be converted into a very posh hybrid, which is perfect for the job, plus they make great fun and simple mountain bikes for general trail riding.

I've practically given up on 26" wheels
    I had to beat them to death with their own shoes...
    HiFi Pro Carbon '09

LTS DH '96

The Mighty Dyna-Sore - The 90's?
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    My Edison's about perfect - 29lb, 6" travel, built tough rather than superlight. I've just upgraded pivot bearings and all other cartridges throughout (BB, hubs, headset) to ceramic, shock eyelets are now rollers rather than DU bushes, so everything is super-plush. Only remaining changes are adding to my Middleburn middle ring with 2 more, EC70 carbon bars and seatpost, then we're all done I reckon :D

Genuinely don't think there's anything else I want to change - it rides superbly.
  • BenS999
    BenS999 Posts: 202
    ordered my Orange Five Pro with a couple of small upgrades two weeks ago and reckon it will be "The One", demo'd enough 140mm bikes to be sure! Should be picking it up this weekend, haven't been as excited as this since I was about 5 and waiting for santa! :D
    2011 Orange Five Pro
    On-One Pompetamine Alfine Comp
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    See, for me, its my saracen....ok I know its relitively cheap, but it fits me perfectly, and I mean perfectly!
    The components are not the greatest and its not the lightest of frames, the whole bike weighs 13kg which isnt exactly fly weight.

And yet there is just this "something" about it, I ride it and its fast, flighty, and takes so much abuse, I have ultimate confidence on it and it rises to everything I throw at it.

My Saracen Raw II was just like that. Not an expensive bike but it all worked well together and was very confidience inspiring.

Changed it for a much lighter and faster Marin but it's a wee bit more nervous sometimes. Climbs a LOT better though. Had to stop using the Saracen when they couldn't supply new trailing arm bushings for it :-(

My current Mount Vision is a 1997! I got it used for not very much and replaced a few worn bits. The 8 speed XT gearchange is just perfect. But the reason I went for it is weight, all the modern full sus bikes seemed to be heavier or well out of my budget. It's got a polished alloy finish and looks great too.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Ah, the classic mount vision. First bike to prove that full suss could win at XC.
  • Dekerf Implant

Cove Hummer

Ellsworth Epiphany

None of that fancy hydroformed bollocks here!
  • KTM Solus master. are nice
  • RideXC
    RideXC Posts: 67
    I sooo want a Morewood Zula.... Reba XX forks, 9 Speed XT with 2009 xtr shifters, FSA K-force Cranks, 2011 XTR Trail brakes, DT Swiss Carbon wheels (tubeless of course) and TI finishing kit! (I'm drooling all over my keyboard now)..... But most importantly, a pair of legs to ride Marathons! :D
    I still can't understand why I want a singlespeed steel hardtail when I already have a full-susser with 27 gears.