Ragley Mmmbop...

-liam-
-liam- Posts: 1,831
edited August 2010 in MTB general
So who's taken advantage of the sale at crc and bought one of these bad boys?

I know CWAT has and me too.

Is there to be a whole raft of us and what are your plans?

Comments

• I have! :twisted:

I was gonna go for a blue and white scheme, but at the moment, its not looking that way, Its probably gonna be a blue and black build. Though it could just look like a horrible mess of colours as well. I'm swayed more by price than looks! :roll:

I also took advantage of those lovely cheap fox forks from on-one!
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • -liam-
    I've ordered the blue and i'm going for black cables, headset and seat clamp as well.

Case of suck it and see i think.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Another mmmbop thread :lol: Mine is going to get a quick and dirty build first to see how it rides but I'll be going back to fort william just before the lifts close and I want to take it there if it works... So that's the target really. I just want to ride the DH on a hardtail just so I can say I did it :lol:

Not all that excited about the new frame tbh but it'll be interesting to see how it goes.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    What do I think of this frame? I think it is the new Zaskar for the 2010s

It is as strong as many frames that cost 3 times as much (cough, Cove), yet weighs even less . Absolute bargain.
  • -Liam- wrote:
    So who's taken advantage of the sale at crc and bought one of these bad boys?

I know CWAT has and me too.

Is there to be a whole raft of us and what are your plans?

I'll have you know I'm a CWNT, not a CWAT :lol:
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    One of these is on my list but my mate has had (and abused) his Bop for the last 6 months in the PeakD and Wharny woods and his only gripe is the paint job :cry:
    Loads of 'copter-tape is in order 8)
  • -liam-
    supersonic wrote:
    What do I think of this frame? I think it is the new Zaskar for the 2010s

You feel pretty strongly about this then? ;)

You done any sort of testing with it?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/j ... mbop-23813

Not personally tested it, but going on the reviews, price and weight, it is a winner.
  • gt si
    gt si Posts: 73
    hi mate, i took advantage of the crc deal and bought one, just fancied a change from my kona coilair supreme, stripped everything off it and put it on the ragley, lotsa hope, xt and straitline stuff,stans flow wheels, im runnin it on van 36s at the mo, cos i cant bring meself to part with em, would be better with 140s i reckon but cant afford the revelations that i want. got a ks pure seatpost on it too. only ridden it once so far up at lee quarry, and first impressions were awesome, ive never had a descent hardtail before, but its so much more of an involving ride, makes you try to go faster too, all the time! the kona was ace, but for me, until i can afford to buy a new orange 5 and have that aswell, its the ragley for me all the way! (and i NEVER thought i would say that!)
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    No 20inch, no pointy!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    I've got my green frame in the front room looking at me as i type this. Man is it a nice green too! I plan to spoil it with a red headset and cables, with all the white bits off my cotic. Should look the part (well i think so anywho!)

I'm interested to see how it rides compared to the bfe, at £154 even if i don't like it, i can get my money back after crc raise the price again!

Just waiting on the headset and gear cable, then i can get it built tomorrow hopefully. I may do a WIP thread, but I've had about 4 recently, and don't want to take the piss!
  • Tolk make one :p would like to see it in bits and in staged etc
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    Tolk make one :p would like to see it in bits and in staged etc

My main problem is, I've got quite quick at building bikes now, so i always forget to take piccies along the way I may make an effort this time though.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Just slung mine in the attic, ready to be built up when I get back my hols. But somehow I think I might give in to temptation and start on it before I go. Man I love new frames, all pristine and pure, just waiting for a first ride to put massive ugly scrapes in it.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Everything is slowly gathering in the living room. Mum isn't too happy about that though, so it's gonna get moved.

Cannot wait to get mine built up. The spec might not be anything special but i think i have managed to get it under a grand which was my budget, (whether or not that's good i don't know) i'm new to this so have probably got a lot wrong. :oops: God knows what it will look like either, a strange mix of blue, black and white.

It will slowly get bits upgraded after about a year or so when i have saved some more money and put what i can onto my other bike.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.