Chris Hoy has an accident

Comments

• sandy hill
    sandy hill Posts: 390
    Wonder if Chris offered the immortal words, "Sorry mate I just didn't see you."
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
  • shmo
    shmo Posts: 321
    This comment was the best bit:
    I cant believe how we gave this clown a knighthood for wining a few mickey mouse medals in rideing a bike in a velodrome its not even real cycling like tour de france its a complete shambles that chris hoy is a sir!

Complete shambles! What is this country coming to? Rararhahrgrgrgrhhrgrhh....
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Bloody "Trackies", eh?

Haven't got a flipping clue what brakes are for...
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-10904413

Maybe with Track, there is more reliance on the self while the Tour is a bit of a super human accomplishment.

It's like one day classics are often more enjoyable than the Tour but the Tour rightfully is the big event.... doesn't mean better.

The days when they really rode the 'Madison' would have been proper entertainment too.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Shmo wrote:
    This comment was the best bit:
    I cant believe how we gave this clown a knighthood for wining a few mickey mouse medals in rideing a bike in a velodrome its not even real cycling like tour de france its a complete shambles that chris hoy is a sir!

Complete shambles! What is this country coming to? Rararhahrgrgrgrhhrgrhh....

+1

Hard to win an Olympic medal in the Tour :roll:

While we are at it, why do people get a medal just for being able to run 100m in a straight line? Or knighthoods for being able to row a boat?

Kidding. Obviously. Any sport can be made to sound ridiculous. Syncronised swimming is the exception as it IS ridiculous :twisted:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • iasc
    iasc Posts: 1
    Do they really have to call him Sir Chris every time. It gets pretty annoying
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    iasc wrote:

Yes if you are knighted then then you have to refer to them as 'sir'.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Bizarrely enough! I read the linky here yesterday and it appeared to be CH at fault. On the Beeb today he appears to be blameless.

And tehy say you can't trust what you read. Either sloppy journalism somewhere or a cover up on a par with LA's bribes to the UCI (Allegedly) :wink:
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    iasc wrote:

Yes if you are knighted then then you have to refer to them as 'sir'.

I don't. Chris. Big Chris. Big Chris Hoy. Big Chrissie Hoy. There I said it, what happens now? Does someone come and get me? :D

He is entitled to be referred to as Sir Chris and to give him his proper name you would refer to him as Sir Chris. Bizarrely there seems to be a pattern in the media of strictly adhering to Sir Chris (or whoever) but not Sir Chris Hoy (or whoever).

For example articles about Fred Goodwin often refer to him as just Fred Goodwin but then adopt Sir Fred without ever saying Fred. I'm not sure why.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French