Fox vanilla 32 r query

Bred2shred
Bred2shred Posts: 306
edited August 2010 in MTB general
I have been offered a set vanilla 32 r's in a swap deal, their 140mm travel. Is there any way to reduce the travel on these to suit my frame limit of 100mm?

If not what sort of frame should i be looking at to suit them?

Cheers
Never argue with an idiot, he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    What forkand frame do you have at the minute? Why swap, and what are you wanting to achieve?

They can be reduced with spacers internally.
  • Bred2shred
    Kona hoss 16" with a dirt jumper 2 fork.

The stuff in the swap deal is for sale to fund a new fork with better trail manners as the dj2 just isn't doin it for me.

The swap just came out of the blue and it seems like a good deal.
    Never argue with an idiot, he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    If you change the frame though you will have a bike with a different character. But do you need the tank like build of the hoss?

Contact MOJO about options with the fork.
  • Bred2shred
    If i'm honest i probably dont need the stronger heavier clump frame, the bike was a bit of an impulse buy as it was a bargain. One of the lads i ride with rides an on one 456 and he's plenty fast enough on that. I'll consider it an option unless anyone can suggest a similarly priced and specced frame.

Cheers for the advise ss
  • Older Vanillas could be adjusted, I used to have 2004 version which were 80, 100 or 125mm. I replaced them with 2007s thinking I could do the same, but you can't on the later ones, they're fixed at 140mm.
  • Bred2shred
    Cheers cat, so it's either convince the wife i need a new frame or flog them and buy some 100mm forks.