York area rides

GHill
GHill Posts: 2,402
edited August 2010 in MTB rides
I've recently moved back to York from the US and I'm looking for a riding buddy/group. Does anyone know of anything? I can travel a bit further afield if necessary.

Currently looking for a job, so I'm pretty flexible with regards to when we would ride.

Comments

• fastpaul
    fastpaul Posts: 33
    hi have just joined up looking for some1 to go with this could be perfect timing i usally ride in the week as work weekends local riding place is dalby but do go to a few others round york.
  • GHill
    Excellent (although if you really are fast you might leave me for dead :lol: ). This next week is looking a little busy, but I'll send you a PM towards the end of the week to try and arrange something.
  • flimbo
    flimbo Posts: 18
    what nights do you normally ride? i mainly ride in dalby too, sometimes with one or two mates but they're not so keen so i usually ride by myself.
    i used to do early morning weekend rides but i've started going out on friday nights now - infact i've been out tonight and wished i'd taken my waterproof!
  • pete80
    pete80 Posts: 69
    Hi, I'm from York & would also be interested in a ride out.
    If ya aint 1st, yer last!!!
  • GHill
    Sounds like we could get a good group going!
  • flimbo
    just thinking - what route are we talking here?! i ride the red route (usually only sections of it though; mainly the top loop from dixons hollow) but sometimes take in some of the less scary black bits!
    i'd like to think i'm fairly fit so unless your all pro's i'd hopefully keep up!
  • pete80
    A group ride would be good.

Does anyone know any routes/places to ride around here other than Dalby. I like the red route at Dalby (going on sunday morning with 2 mates) but could do with a change from time to time...

Sounds as though i'm in the same fitness bracket as yourself flimbo!
  • flimbo
    i'm using my mobile at the moment so i don't have the address to hand but if you google 'mountain biking north yorkshire' i think it's the first result you get that has some routes. I've done a couple of rides from that website in hackness/langdale end (surrounding areas to dalby) but tbh they've been pretty tame.
  • pete80
    Thanks flimbo

I'll have a look into that.
  • bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    hi guys, come accross to hull and surrounding areas, a lot of us ride north yorkshire regular and will always welcome more riders. :D
  • fastpaul
    i usally ride he full red route go once or twice a week go by myself but would be awesome if could go with some1 else now and again :)
  • GHill
    I've got the VG book on the North York Moors with about twenty different rides in. Also have one for the South Dales.
  • fastpaul
    sounds good need to get a ride going i'm hoping to go next wednesday somewhere
  • pete80
    Cant do weekdays as i'm at work so its just evenings & weekends for me :)
  • I live in York CC and would love to start going on a few organised rides, York is too Road/Hybrid centric in my opinion at the mo :(
  • altern_8
    altern_8 Posts: 1,562
    as bob's bikes has said on here,have a look at hull and surrounding area,myself and giggsmaster are out every week during the week,on the moors or peak district....depending on when giggsmaster isnt working,we work out routes using os maps and try to stay off the roads as much as we can.
  • fastpaul
    altern_8 wrote:
    as bob's bikes has said on here,have a look at hull and surrounding area,myself and giggsmaster are out every week during the week,on the moors or peak district....depending on when giggsmaster isnt working,we work out routes using os maps and try to stay off the roads as much as we can.

that sounds awesome i only go to places that have routes they are good but want to start doing something bit different
  • fastpaul wrote:
    altern_8 wrote:

that sounds awesome i only go to places that have routes they are good but want to start doing something bit different

I've just posted on Hull & Surrounding Area thread, looking at doing a ride on Moors on Friday afternoon. I'll be putting the route up tomorrow, so if you want to check it out your free to join us and anyone else for that matter.