tour de Pologne - Stage 6 *Spoiler*

mididoctors
mididoctors Posts: 18,813
edited August 2010 in Pro race
entertaining

dan hangs on
"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Comments

• PTP looking good for me, what with most other people, yourself excluded Mr Doctors :), choosing old dodgy knees Pete
  • Tough, tough stage, like an Ardennes classic.
    Skating rink to finish on, with that hairpin bend.
    Bauke Mollema did what Martin did, yesterday.
    He should take the GC tomorrow, although Bole still has an outside chance.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    PTP looking good for me, what with most other people, yourself excluded Mr Doctors :), choosing old dodgy knees Pete

yeah but he went all heroic on home turf and dropped a place on GC..

still hats off to the guy for giving it a go
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    s7 sprint finish me thinks... going to have to fight for the time bonus on the road
  • Yeah my guess is Bole for the stage and GC
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    On the second hill with a maximum grade of 22 percent some riders had to get off and walk their bikes.

Blimey!

Hoogerland secured the title of the King of the Mountains as he was the first man to the top on three out of the six climbs
    Contador is the Greatest
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    So this Bole chap.. The new Eddy Merckx/Sean Kelly? 2nd after a few laps of 22% and a pretty handy sprinter.

How old is he? Given he's Lampre, was he done for Oil for Drugs or dodgy doctor?

Strava is not Zen.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Looks like the ground was pretty slippery at the finish. Mollema raises his arms to celebrate then immediately puts them down, Bole crashes and others wobble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5v_bhFvgSo
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Anyone notice the unusual commentating today?

Watched the highlights and the commentary was almost entirely done from the perspective of Dan Martin. How does this move affect Martin etc etc.

Unusual for Harmon.

Watching this does remind me think the Tour was mad for not letting Vaconsolei in.