Right, One of you own up. Who did it?

spen666
spen666 Posts: 17,709
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Naughty Boy
House petrol-bombed and shots fired 'after dispute between cyclist and driver'By

Police are investigating after a house was petrol bombed in London yesterday
Two sets of neighbours had a lucky escape after one house was petrol bombed and a shot fired through next door's front window.

Six people including three young children were sleeping when a flaming milk bottle was thrown through their living room window in Stepney, east London.

The incidents early yesterday followed an argument between a cyclist outside the firebombed house and a driver who reportedly threatened to shoot him, the Metropolitan Police said.

According to the force, the cyclist was getting on his bike when a black VW Golf collided with him and knocked him down just before midnight on Wednesday, grazing his leg.

The pair clashed, with the driver suffering a cut head and the police being called.

But tempers calmed down and the driver - described as black and in his late 20s/early 30s - left the scene.

Two and a half hours later a gunshot was heard, shortly before the petrol bomb was thrown through the house in Antill Terrace.

Sleeping upstairs were a couple and three boys aged one month, three and five. The three year old suffers from cerebral palsy.

A relative - a 24-year-old man - was also sleeping downstairs in the lounge where the bottle was thrown.

Firefighters were called to put out the blaze and no-one was injured.

Police called to investigate found a bullet hole in next door's front window, and a round on the floor. The occupant was also unharmed.

Det Insp Stewart Garrick of Tower Hamlets CID, investigating with colleagues from black gun crime unit Trident, said: 'These cowardly attacks have needlessly threatened the lives of the occupants of two addresses.

'Clearly a strong line of inquiry is that the shooting and arson could be linked to the earlier altercation involving a car driver, especially as we now know he had allegedly threatened to shoot the cyclist.

'I appeal to anyone who witnessed the exchange between the cyclist and the driver, or the incidents in the early hours of Thursday morning, to come forward.

'It is essential that anyone with information does make it known, as this could so easily have resulted in a murder inquiry.'
Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I'm sorry, I can't reply or participate in this discussion as it was not posted in the "serious forum"

Therefore can this be moved to the "serious" forum with all of Spen's other serious legally binding posts so that i can particpate in a constructive manner.

Thanks

:twisted:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • spen666
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I'm sorry, I can't reply or participate in this discussion as it was not posted in the "serious forum"

Therefore can this be moved to the "serious" forum with all of Spen's other serious legally binding posts so that i can particpate in a constructive manner.

Thanks

I would have posted it there, but i'm not certain the cyclist was commuting rather than using bike for leisure purposes.

Can you confirm how you were using the bike at the time?

Twittering @spen_666
  • spen666 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Thanks

I would have posted it there, but i'm not certain the cyclist was commuting rather than using bike for leisure purposes.

I dunno, Spen, that sound like rather a serious question.

You're skating on thin ice.
  • spen666
    spen666 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Thanks

I dunno, Spen, that sound like rather a serious question.

You're skating on thin ice.

Skating?

I thought it was between a motorist and a cyclist.

Where did the skater come into the story?

Twittering @spen_666
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    spen666 wrote:
    'Clearly a strong line of inquiry is that the shooting and arson could be linked to the earlier altercation involving a car driver, especially as we now know he had allegedly threatened to shoot the cyclist.

My taxes are well spent on his training.......
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Hey - ice skaters wear tight outfits... perhaps thats who we need to ask for the outfit for Greg :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • spen666
    Greg T wrote:
    spen666 wrote:

My taxes are well spent on his training.......

Whose training?

Twittering @spen_666
  • MonkeyMonster
    spen666 wrote:
    Who's training?

I think more than a few chaps are on here tbh... Ginge denies it vehemently but we all know he'd liked to be as fast as DDD
  • Greg T
    spen666 wrote:
    Whose training?

Well it's not the arsonist / shooter now is it - can no-one organise a decent firebombing / shooting now-a-days.

I remember the time when torching someone's gaff and offing the burning and fleeing occupants was taught at school.

I blame GCSEs and the BBC.

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    spen666 wrote:
    Who's training?

I think more than a few chaps are on here tbh... Ginge denies it vehemently but we all know he'd liked to be as fast as DDD
    One can dare to dream...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • spen666
    Greg T wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    Whose training?

Well it's not the arsonist / shooter now is it - can no-one organise a decent firebombing / shooting now-a-days.

I remember the time when torching someone's gaff and offing the burning and fleeing occupants was taught at school.

I blame GCSEs and the BBC.

Nah, Its the fault of

a) The EU
    b) Maggie Thatcher
    c) Tony Blair
    d) Gordon Brown
    e) Al Quaeda
    f) George Bush
    g) All them immigrants
    h) Speed cameras

Take your pick

Twittering @spen_666
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    How do you set fire to milk?
    Six people including three young children were sleeping when a flaming milk bottle was thrown through their living room window in Stepney, east London.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • spen666
    Still only DDD has put himself in the frame with his far to rapid denial

Twittering @spen_666
  • prawny wrote:

Surely the pertinent question is how do you set fire to glass?
  • dondare
    dondare Posts: 2,113
    This is exactly the kind of behaviour that gives all cyclists a bad name.
    This post contains traces of nuts.
  • jonginge
    spen666 wrote:
    Still only DDD has put himself in the frame with his far to rapid denial
    His avatar is a bit of a giveaway. too
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    prawny wrote:

Surely the pertinent question is how do you set fire to glass?

Too true, and if you managed that it would melt and then the milk would put it out, crazy.

I don't have a milkman so my petrol bombs just bounce off the doors in them stupid plastic bottles.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • DonDaddyD
    Have we not burned Spen666 yet?

Oh feck, I'll do it. Pass the magnesium....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • jonginge
    twisted firestarter...

*fires up spotify*
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • MonkeyMonster
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Have we not burned Spen666 yet?

Oh feck, I'll do it. Pass the magnesium....

Bah, get some caesium instead :D
  • Greg T

My Caesium has come up lovely this year, looks really well against my roses.

• MonkeyMonster
    Greg T wrote:

My Caesium has come up lovely this year, looks really well against my roses.

What mulch wereyou using? I remember you saying you'd changed supplier...
  • DonDaddyD
    Editted: By the Man!
    Food Chain number = 4