How to feel REALLY self-conscious

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Cycling home on a late start means I occasionally see a bunch of club riders.

Tonight I go past the whole damn' club :shock: Cars parked up and more bling bikes than you can shake a stick at. Full on TT riders in their aero helmets, and so many club members all (fortunately!) going the other way, I'm like the bloody Churchill dog giving the INR :roll: :lol:

There's me doing the asthmatic warthog thing, struggling along and all these bloody club types swishing past the other way.

Humph.
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Welcome to my world :(
  • Kieran_Burns
    suzyb wrote:
    Welcome to my world :(

Since you told us all of the time you cycled until you physically fell from the bike from exhaustion you're like a Scottish cycling Demi-Godess as far as I am concerned.

So shut up.

:wink:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,182
    Given what the club lot are wearing, they're the ones who should be feeling self conscious...imagine wearing that get up anywhere other than on a bike :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Kieran_Burns
    Blue and white kit - there was this constant stream of them going the other way for a good Mile, mile and a half.

Two rather attractive ladies were last to go past. 8)

Pity I was in the middle of a snot rocket at the time :oops:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • flateric
    flateric Posts: 201
    I would be happy they where going the other way!!! nothing worse than putting in a huge effort to move forward only to be passed by S*** loads of fitter better kitted cyclists passing you with no apparent effort
    Bike one Dawes Acoma (heavily modified)
    Bike two (trek) Lemond Etape (dusty and not ridden much)
    Bike Three Claude Butler chinook, (freebee from
    Freecycle, Being stripped and rebuilt
    (is 3 too many bikes)
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    He he, happened to me on Wednesday, passing through a village I went through the start of the NTCC 8 mile time trial. Only one of them went past in the 2 miles untill I left the course :roll: :oops:
    Them TTers don't 'alf go quick - the guy must have been clocking 30+ on the flat, coz I'd wound it up to the high 20s.
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    flateric wrote:
    Inothing worse than putting in a huge effort to move forward only to be passed by S*** loads of fitter better kitted cyclists passing you with no apparent effort

Yes there is

Getting dropped by a kid wearing jeans on a BMX with his knees around his ears and a can of super strength lager in his hand.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    Greg T wrote:
    flateric wrote:
    Inothing worse than putting in a huge effort to move forward only to be passed by S*** loads of fitter better kitted cyclists passing you with no apparent effort

Yes there is

Getting dropped by a kid wearing jeans on a BMX with his knees around his ears and a can of super strength lager in his hand.

+1 - that's the whole point of FCNs, after all. There's absolutely no shame in being passed by a TT rider in full team lycra on a race bike... unless you're taking part in the same TT!

Cheers,
    W.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Same happens to me on my weekend rides - I meet local club riders all the time on the same route - luckily they are usually going the other way so I can nod and smile without having the humilitation of being passed :oops: