excitement of new parts

stuisnew
stuisnew Posts: 366
edited August 2010 in MTB general
does anyone else get ridiculously excited waiting for bits they've ordered to arrive.

Maybe i was just starved of presents as a youngster. :lol:

I've just ordered some Reba's which were delivered yesterday and I can't wait til they arrive and I can unpack them and just stare at them for a few hours, drooling

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I'm the same, i can't wait for postie to arrive, he usually parks his car about 20m up the road from the house and sometimes comes straight down to mine with the packages (normally he goes all the way down the road then back up) he's a great guy :D If its a big package i deliver it to my grandparents place because i can't stand waiting 24 hours before i can go and collect it from the post office or depo
  • I do, and I'm nearly forty!

I bought a new bike recently and knew it would take a week or so to get to me, so I ordered some new bits that I wanted to run on it. Fast forward a few days later to finding me sitting in front of the PC screen, surrounded by new bling, pouring over any photo I could find of bikes like the one I was waiting on.

I hardly slept the night before it was due to be delivered!

Bikes, making magic since 1970.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Yep, i'm the same! Couldn't wait for my delivery of new tyres and shorts today! :lol:
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    the more exspensive the order , the greater the excitement.
    :lol:
    magpie syndrome i call it.
  • Yes, very much. I'm currently waiting for a frame which should have arrived today, but has been delayed. I've even gone so far as to take tomorrow off work :shock:
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    yes. last time when i was waiting for my jersey i looked out of the window about 50 times :lol:
  • phoebian
    phoebian Posts: 497
    Currently waiting on my new stem.

Really want to feel how different it will be!
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    I love the arrival of new stuff, i hate it when they've screwed up for the second time...
  • stuisnew
    stuisnew Posts: 366
    Yes, very much. I'm currently waiting for a frame which should have arrived today, but has been delayed. I've even gone so far as to take tomorrow off work :shock:

Ha ha that is dedication to the cause!!
    My brother is currently on paternity leave so i've ordered to his house so i don't have to wait til saturday to make it to the post office :D

I love it. I admit i scour photos and reviews of seeing what I am ordering to fill the void til the item arrives.

I even got excited when I was waiting for some clear anti-cable rub stickers to arrive last week!!
  • yes had 2 deliveries in 2 days:one at 9 am and one at 8.30 am
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • snotty badger
    snotty badger Posts: 1,593
    I get stuffdelivered to work- nice getting a parcel whilst working :)
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • Waitn for some Superstar grips to stick my love gun in :lol:
  • bones3027
    bones3027 Posts: 152
    It's crazy waiting for stuff, got my chain device yesterday now waiting on stem, bars and peaty grips. The wife thinks our house is the royal mail depot.
  • lesz42
    lesz42 Posts: 690
    if someone could order and buy for me, some new wheels, tyres, shifters,chain, casstte, mechs ( xt or above)

i will inform you how excited i would get :D
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5