Which fork are ladies using on a full suspension bike?

silly lily
silly lily Posts: 505
edited September 2010 in Women
Hi everyone!
May have to get a new fork for my lady's Specialized Mika FS (original was RS Recon, lady specific - OE).
Which fork do you ladies favour (100mm travel)? Use: XC, trail centres, not aggressive riding.
Thank you all!
My On One Inbred and Com Meta 5.5.1:
http://silly-lily.pinkbike.com/album/My-MTB/

www.sophialibris.com
Academic Coaching and Advising Consultancy

Comments

• miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I've got a 100mm Fox Float on my superlight which i've been really pleased with. I know you pay a bit more for servicing with Fox, but in my experience it's worth the money. I've just put Fox 140mm forks on my orange because I trust them!!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    i love my Reba SL forks...very plush :D
    Caz xx
  • I've got some used Fox F100's on my hardtail - I really like them, but I've not tried any 100mm RS forks (or others) to compare them with. What I do know is, my RS Rev's (140mm) on my full suss are awesome, so I woundn't discount a decent RS100mm fork in the future.

It depends what features you're looking for and how much you want to spend I suppose :D Personally, I'd be looking for an air fork, with plenty of adjustment and a lockout feature... Then it comes down to the price :cry: Fox are more expensive on the whole than RS, but I don't think it makes them better. But you could buy a used Fox fork and save a bit of cash, if that's what you want.
  • I just bought 100mm RS Reba Races to replace my RS Dart 3s (which are crap for a lighter rider). Not got them fitted to my hardtail yet as I can't MTB for at least a month but really looking forward to trying them out as soon as I get a chance.
    Small fat weak punter
  • SarahKB
    SarahKB Posts: 5
    My bike has Maverick Duc 32 forks, mainly because that's what came with the bike in the first place. They seem to work well with all sorts of riding.

S
  • Wife rides a Specialized Safire FSR Comp (2009) -

Forks: Fox Float 120 RL, 120mm travel
    -- Specialized StumpJumper FSR Comp (09) [for me] --
    -- Specialized Safire FSR Comp (09) [for the Mrs] --