Monkey Monster - question

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Monkey monster,

The women who was with you during the London 2 Brighton, what bike was she riding?

Does she like it/is she happy, impressed by it.

Thanks in advance.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Ever heard of PM?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Ever heard of PM?

but then he wouldn't get the pages of debate & opinion over whether said bike is any good.

(and the rest of us would miss the opportunity to see him being wound up :lol: )
  • DonDaddyD
    Yep,

But this is commuter chat, open for all commuter related off-topic ramblings...

So cave be with you!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    Big Wib wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Ever heard of PM?

but then he wouldn't get the pages of debate & opinion over whether said bike is any good.

(and the rest of us would miss the opportunity to see him being wound up :lol: )

Exactly!

I'm here to benefit all of you!
    Food Chain number = 4

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Yeah, this is the shiny new chat forum... :twisted:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Did you really think DDD's question had anything to do with bikes? Bom Chicka Wah Wah! :lol:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,411
    kelsen wrote:
    Did you really think DDD's question had anything to do with bikes? Bom Chicka Wah Wah! :lol:

Yes, now that I read it back, it is a bit isn't it?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yep,

So cave be with you!

it's a question for one person or worded differently a Personal Message
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Clever Pun wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yep,

So cave be with you!

yeah, but to be fair, the thread title is "Monkey monster - a question".

No law that says you must read the thread.....
    (avoids temptation to use rolly eyes emoticon)
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    Heh heh, its was the Marin Corte Madera and she loves it

http://www.marin.co.uk/2010/bikepage.php?ModNo=10CM

female spec frame geometry wise
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • DonDaddyD
    edited August 2010
    Clever Pun wrote:

OK, its time I kicked knowledge. The ether, the things you need to learn yo!

'The power DDD'

Well you see I see threads like this:

thread.jpg

At one end there is a beginning, a question.

At the other end, there is the conclusion.

In the middle there is a journey, woven beautifully.

We are currently going through the journey, which for the time being is fun. Monkey Monster will eventually come into the thread with an answer. The thread will either end there or the thread will become tangled with difference of opinions and others will share their views. Then the thread will become knotted, Spen666 will post about some legal yarn that will require Greg66 some rope and salt to unpick and then we will arrive at the end where someone level headed will post something to either settle or kill the thread.

Through the tapestry of discussion I will have gotten the answers I need and sure I could have simply asked "What bike for the wife?" But this is much more fun.

Just because a question is directed at one person to begin with, it doesn't mean others cannot answer or share opinions on the answer given.

Capice?
    Food Chain number = 4

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Perfectly clear. Except you've arrived just after everyone else has gone home. :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • DonDaddyD

What made her get it, better than the Vita?
    Food Chain number = 4

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:

OK, its time I kicked knowledge. The ether, the things you need to learn yo!

'The power DDD'

Well you see I see threads like this:

thread.jpg

At one end there is a beginning, a question.

At the other end, there is the conclusion.

In the middle there is a journey, woven beautifully.

We are currently going through the journey, which for the time being is fun. Monkey Monster will eventually come into the thread with an answer. The thread will either end there or the thread will become tangled with difference of opinions and others will share their views. Then the thread will become knotted, Spen666 will post about some legal yarn that will require Greg66 some rope and salt to unpick and then we will arrive at the end where someone level headed will post something to either settle or kill the thread.

Through the tapestry of discussion I will have gotten the answers I need and sure I could have simply asked "What bike for the wife?" But this is much more fun.

Just because a question is directed at one person to begin with, it doesn't mean others cannot answer or share opinions on the answer given.

Capice?

Taxpayers money... :twisted:
  • DonDaddyD
    Heh.
    Food Chain number = 4

• MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    DonDaddyD wrote:

What made her get it, better than the Vita?

It wasn't too expensive, reasonably specced and fitted her body size comfortably than others she tried. Not sure she tried the vita tbh - i know she tried A sirius but not sure if it was the vita. She shopped via cycle surgery.
    As an indicator of how much nicer it was - she still purchased it even though it was white... Cleanliness was overridden by it being so nice - which for a girl was quite impressive.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • DonDaddyD
    Thanks!

My conumdrum is that Ms DDD now wouldn't mind a bike (bought for her) but yet is still too self concious to try them out at bike shop... :x

Guessing her ring finger size is easier. :x :x :x

Buying a bike is cheaper! :P
    Food Chain number = 4

• Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Ever heard of PM?

It's the forum FUZZ!

Scatter!
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • rjsterry
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Thanks!

My conumdrum is that Ms DDD now wouldn't mind a bike (bought for her) but yet is still too self concious to try them out at bike shop... :x

Even with you there to reassure, and put a stop to any talking down from the staff? Actually, getting the wrong sized ring is probably easier to sort out than the wrong sized bike. You can't really pop the bike into the LBS to get it re-sized. Also, the wrong sized ring will still probably have the desired effect, but the wrong sized bike will probably not get ridden.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    Thanks!

OK, well, you must be able to work out how tall she is if you don't already know... which frankly you ought to!

So then it's a matter of finding out her leg length. Simplest way would be just to measure/ask, failing that check her jeans for leg length sizing, or measure the leg length of a pair of trousers that fit her and go from there.
  • Greg T
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Make your eyes water?

• DonDaddyD
    Even with you there to reassure, and put a stop to any talking down from the staff?

Mate wars have been fought for less.
    Make your eyes water?

Yes. She wants platinum but she's getting gold. Wilier will stop making the Izoard this year and I always promised myself that frame, but I cannot afford the Izoard and a ring...
    OK, well, you must be able to work out how tall she is if you don't already know... which frankly you ought to!

Like most women she's 5foot something. 5'5'' is the standard male answer.
    Food Chain number = 4

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Make your eyes water?

Yes. She wants platinum but she's getting gold.

Whoosh
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rjsterry
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Even with you there to reassure, and put a stop to any talking down from the staff?

Mate wars have been fought for less.

How about an LBS that isn't entirely staffed by blokes - like Pearson?
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• DonDaddyD
    you may be on to something there....
    Food Chain number = 4

• Greg T
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Make your eyes water?

Whoosh

Ahem.....

• DonDaddyD
    Greg T wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Make your eyes water?

Whoosh

Ahem.....

Oh!
    Food Chain number = 4

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    @ DDD - Cycle Surgery hold Women Only events. http://www.bikeenvy.co.uk/article.php?id=204

Also the missus has a Spesh Vita and seems to like it. It's certainly holding up well.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yes. She wants platinum but she's getting gold. Wilier will stop making the Izoard this year and I always promised myself that frame, but I cannot afford the Izoard and a ring...

Is she aware of this, or have you gone ahead and made an executive decision?

Because the very first time you pull out that ring, and it isn't what she expected, the tears of joy you were expecting will instead be a flood of tears, and even if she's able to hide her disappointment, everyday from that day onwards she will look at that ring and it will remind her of how you let her down, and that thought will fester away inside her in the years to come, and it will be used to fuel every argument you have between you, until one day she finally comes to the conclusion that you do not truly love her, and that day, DDD, is also the day you wake to find out that Wilier has made the world's most expensive folding bike!

So consider your choices at this moment in time very, very carefully, because what you decide may have devastating consequences on the rest of your life...

:twisted:
  • DonDaddyD
    kelsen wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Is she aware of this, or have you gone ahead and made an executive decision?

Because the very first time you pull out that ring, and it isn't what she expected, the tears of joy you were expecting will instead be a flood of tears, and even if she's able to hide her disappointment, everyday from that day onwards she will look at that ring and it will remind her of how you let her down, and that thought will fester away inside her in the years to come, and it will be used to fuel every argument you have between you, until one day she finally comes to the conclusion that you do not truly love her, and that day, DDD, is also the day you wake to find out that Wilier has made the world's most expensive folding bike!

So consider your choices at this moment in time very, very carefully, because what you decide may have devastating consequences on the rest of your life...

:twisted:

Lol! That made me laugh.

There was this one time we had a proper argument. I left the flat, when I got back I expected to see my bike in pieces destroyed by her rage.

It wasn't. When I told her she said she'd have done in the X-box. I would be more okay with that....
    Food Chain number = 4