Tour de Pologne - Stage 4 *Spoiler*

FJS
FJS Posts: 4,820
edited August 2010 in Pro race
Hilly stage today - three climbs halfway, Ardennes-style, with (of course) a finishing circuit, with a small climb with a nasty steep section in it; 3 laps.

In the break the one and only Johnny H (that time of year again), with Rollin (who seems to seriously target this race's King of the Mountains jersey) and Cameron Meyer.
5:10 advantage - entering the hilly zone

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,813
    they should fill up the august PT calender with one day races midweek /weekend

poland can have one
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • FJS
    Let's see how today and tomorrow pan out - according to the ticker all sorts of 11% and 13% stretches now and Rollin beying dropped by Hoogerland and Meyer.
    But yes, a one-day race in the area they are now in would beat a full week with first three or more utterly boring flat days.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    edited August 2010
    3 mins for the 2 leaders with about 40km to go.
  • FJS
    Interesting that Mollema won the sprint for 3rd place at the last intermediates - are there bonus seconds?
  • mididoctors
    FJS wrote:
    Interesting that Mollema won the sprint for 3rd place at the last intermediates - are there bonus seconds?

yeah

griepel went for them yesterday
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • FJS
    This ain'thalf bad as a finish - little hill, cobbles, uphill technical finish, last straight line of about 40 meters.
  • mididoctors
    FJS wrote:
    This ain'thalf bad as a finish - little hill, cobbles, uphill technical finish, last straight line of about 40 meters.

boarder country

harder than I thought but yeah much better
  • FJS
    edited August 2010
    Marcato thinking he's won with still one lap to go! .... I almost picked him for PTP because of his post-hills bunch sprint.... well..
    Don't they have race racdios?
  • mididoctors
    thats the DS's fault!

ha ha ha ha
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Did that VS rider just celebrate then realise that wasn't the last lap?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mididoctors
    happened before
  • Pokerface
    I've kept racing after the end of a race by mistake, but never celebrated early.
  • FJS
    Bole takes it. Lorenzetto and Ballan 2, 3?
    Not bad racing - stage races aren't bad, just get rid of the boring routes...
  • FJS
    Uhm, no Lorenzetto 1, Bole 2 -
  • mididoctors
    yes my PTP GC pick is coming good and sagan is off the back

sylvester looks keen
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    FJS wrote:

Ah, bollox...just when I was thinking I'd pulled off a nice PTP coup....
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • FJS
    greeny12 wrote:
    FJS wrote:

Ah, bollox...just when I was thinking I'd pulled off a nice PTP coup....
    Still a great pick, and miles ahead of any other PTP picks as far as I can see
  • Nice city for once. Not bad today. I quite enjoyed it.
    I only fell asleep in the middle of the broadcast.
    Marcato must feel a pratt.
    Johnny Hooverland now KOM.
    Vacansoleil continue to animate the season.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • FJS
    Sagan seems to be losing more than 10 minutes...
  • Pokerface
    FJS wrote:

That's killed a lot of people's PTP pick for the GC in this one.
  • mididoctors
    Pokerface wrote:
    FJS wrote:

That's killed a lot of people's PTP pick for the GC in this one.

the way I looked at it either Sylvester or Sagan was going to finish high but which one? the other was bound to just sit up somewhere, Sylvester looked a bit tired all tour and post tour, resting or just bu66ered? Sagan fresh from little racing or spent from his early season stuff or perhaps not enough miles in his legs..still very young? sylbester is Polish but how much that matters who knows..Wiggins is British..couldn't give a toss about the ToB

hence go for a top tenner?