Stickies.

wgwarburton
wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
edited August 2010 in Commuting chat
Hi,
I think there are too many sticky threads at the moment. With the likely arrival of the "what to do in an accident" one, this would be a good opportunity to do some pruning.
If you access the forums from a mobile, in particular, you have to page through them frequently, which is tedious.
Personally, I feel that "Information for beginners" is the only one that really needs to be there, and that "what to do in an accident" could probably be included within it. maybe that's a bit radical, though!

Streetview and Cycling City arn't attracting frequent posts, so they, at least, seem good candidates for reducing clutter.

Anyone agree, or am I alone in this...? Does the suggestion need to go to a specific mailbox?

Cheers,
W.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,714
    I think some of them are there for possible use on the main website or in print magazines. I'll ask the publishing powers that be if any of them can be pruned.
  • I agree buns, ditch the ones that aren't needed. They are tiresome, but then here I am proposing to add to them!
  • ndru
    ndru Posts: 382
    Brilliant idea! Let's make it into a stickie! :)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    Ditch them all. Let threads rise and fall if people are interested.

Seems to work alright with the rants thread
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    That was quick!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I feel adrift....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Wow - you can get internet on a mobile?

Cool.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757

Cool.

apparently you can take photo-graphs and make your teeth turn blue with them as well!
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699

Cool.

apparently you can take photo-graphs and make your teeth turn blue with them as well!

Maybe, but you'll lose your soul.

Forum design needs a little tweak too. Bikeradar at top and headings are fine but then there's another huge bar under the commuting header with all the magazine titles. On a normal 1280x1024 screen then the banners take up around 45% of the screen
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo