Rockshox recon help

fyldesmurf
fyldesmurf Posts: 412
edited August 2010 in MTB beginners
Please could someone tell me the difference between the 327 and 335 version of this fork as i'm looking to upgrade but have now become a bit confused as neither are mentioned on the RS website.

Thanks

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    327 is air, 335 is coil unless it's a 335 Solo Air :wink:

335 has a better damper.

http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/200 ... v%20B1.pdf
  • fyldesmurf
    Oh wow, thanks a lot that's a great help
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    well, if you have links to the forks it would be easier.

the numbers refer to the platform and then there are quite a few damping and spring options.

also what year the fork is. eg the link above shows the 2007 forks.

Are they 2007 forks?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • fyldesmurf
    ok here's the 335 http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=53928

the 327 would be from LBS but is about 40 quid more and i was wondering what the justificationfor that would be.

I wouldn't have thought the spec would change that much in 3 years would it?
  • .blitz
    The forks from CRC will almost certainly be OE items so you won't get a Rock Shox box/pump/stickers etc if any of that is important and your warranty will be with CRC not RS.

The forks from your lbs will be proppa aftermarket items - box/stickers/maybe a pump/printed manual/warranty card etc - and of course if anything goes wrong with them the shop is...local.

Forks can change quite a bit in three years but relatively speaking 335s will always be marginally better than 327s.
  • fyldesmurf
    what does 'OE' mean

sorry if that's a stupid question
  • .blitz
    No probs it means Original Equipment - unboxed components that are intended for bike manufacturers and not obtained from the official distributors/importers.

On major components like forks there's a possibility that the internals could be slightly different but nothing substantial.
  • fyldesmurf
    ok thanks for all the input i think i'll go for the CRC ones anyway, feeling a bit skint at the moment so i might as well save £40 and get a better fork