GB for Worlds - 3 places

13»

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I'm pretty sure it has been covered somewhere already, but why isn't Wiggins racing the TT? He could salvage his year with a win, although I don't see anyone beating Cancellara or Martin.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    I'm pretty sure it has been covered somewhere already, but why isn't Wiggins racing the TT? He could salvage his year with a win, although I don't see anyone beating Cancellara or Martin.

It would certainly salvage his year if he won, but he wouldn't win, so what's the point?
    Barring incident this is two gun shoot out. and to be honest it is only that if either Martin has a blinder or Spartacus isn't on top form.
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • Initially, Wiggins was going to focus on the commonwealths, but now it seems he just wants a break.
  • Hunt - again a surprise (re: cav protest at Tour de Suisse). Unless of course he's been taken on board by Sky with the demise of Cervelo. :?:

Wiggins isn't having a rest, he's thrown his toys out of his pram like he usually does (he's not called 'whinging' for nothing). I really want to like wiggins but just can't warm to him, he's always moaning. There is an article on Sky's website about Peter K, and how he'd crashed in the Madison, then got back on to finish 6th but never once used the crash as an excuse - now that lad has the right attitude. Cav's the same when he crashes - shrugs his shoulders and says 'that's bike racing for you'

Good to see Milar back in the fold.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

??

Millar has been at the Worlds as a GB most of the recent years.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    iainf72 wrote:

??

Millar has been at the Worlds as a GB most of the recent years.

In fact, other than when he was banned, he hasn't missed a Worlds since 2000 (when he did the Olympics instead)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Contador is the Greatest
  • Is it me or does anyone else find it strange that Dave Brailsford is Performance Director of the GB team but also a directeur sportif at Team Sky?

The lines seem a little blurred to me.
  • eh
    eh Posts: 4,854
    Is it me or does anyone else find it strange that Dave Brailsford is Performance Director of the GB team but also a directeur sportif at Team Sky?

Yes always have done, but then everything about the Sky-BC setup is pretty blurred, all I can say is there are quite a few people doing very well out of it :roll: